• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jmiller676

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 16, 2009
    18 feet up
    Went this morning then to tri-county. The prices were steep on the handgun side. Ammo was pretty pricey too but there were some deals to be had. Got some .45 from INMIline and a $5 navy deck jacket :D

srad

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 22, 2009
    Elkhart/Bristol, IN
    went this morning too and got a few good deals: S&B 7.62x25 ammo for $8/50 and a new Pachmayer Vindicator set (pistol & foregrip) for a Mossberg 500 for $17.

Lots & lots... and LOTS of rifles & shotguns to browse, which is always fun.

I've been a couple times & the Nappanee show is one of the best in norhthern IN.

Cemetery-man

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 26, 2009
    Bremen
    Went this morning at about 7:30 and couldn't believe the parking lot was filling fast and people were pouring into the 2 front doors. This was my 1st ever gun show so I really didn't know what to expect and I must say I was overwhelmed by both the amount of guns, ammo, etc. etc. and the amount of PEOPLE! I finally had to just give up and try to find an exit ASAP.

It got to a point where it just became near to impossible to get close to the tables and try to carry on a decent face-to-face with the dealers. I ended up getting some .45 ammo and making a deal on the floor with a very nice gent carrying an 8mm Mauser with a sign stuck in the barrel. :)

one more

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    does cwood carry 45 ammo to??

Hello thayer14,
    cwood is Indiana Supply Depot, :yesway: he is right here in Marshall County also! He did have some 45ACP before the Indy Show. He does pre show orders and you can pick it up at Indy show are after the show at his place. Send cwood a pm and ask him when he will be picking up more and get a order in! A case is the best price, if you do not want a case I am sure you can find somebody close by that would split a case with you! He is a great guy to deal with also!
    one more

walt o

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 10, 2008
    Hammond
    My 1st trip to the show . walked in the door turned right and sold 5 sets of my grips to a dealer with all the grips . made my day paid for the day ,more wood ,and take the wife out for supper

Mad Man

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 14, 2009
    LaPorte County
    Went to show today. Got there around 10am and had a heck of a time finding a parking spot. Couldn't walk around and get near any tables as the place was jam packed. Went with my wife and we finally gave up and left. Didn't buy anything as I didn't see any deals at the tables that I was able to get too. Next time I'll have to get there at the opening bell. Still got out of the house so not all was lost:D

INMIline

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 17, 2009
    Indiana/Michigan line
    This was the best promoted gun show I have been to in years. By far! Binky is a really nice lady. For those that have yet to go, the Nappanee gun show is what gun shows used to be. Back when I used to set up with my grandfather and watch him trade back and forth with his friends. It isn't loaded with traffic stopping major stores. There isn't a "side buisness" at the front door stopping good buys at the first table while strapping zip strips. She won't have that. The food is better than most, the food court line moves fast. You walk in and it's an amazing "this is what it's about" feeling. What's even better is it isn't the same vendors as all the other shows!
    It was a great place to meet INGOers. INGO swag on every five heads! Many, many Ingo members there. If you weren't an INGO member when you walked in, you were told about the site at some point in the show. Truely a good time!

mdemetz

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 27, 2009
    NW Elkhart Co.
    . Next time I'll have to get there at the opening bell. Still got out of the house so not all was lost:D

Getting there at opening means waiting in a long line before getting into the packed show:D Try about 11-12, easier to get around and you might find some markdowns. Of course you risk missing some good deals.:laugh:

dye

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 20, 2009
    NE Indiana
    I agree. Great show. Got there at about 10:45 am. Line was gone. Last year got there at 8:00 am and waited outside for 1/2 hr to get thru the line and in.

Lots to see yesterday. Bought a few boxes of ammo and some targets. Ammo was still pretty high priced.

flyinlow78

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    So the concensus is that this show was better than Shipshewana?

I couldn't make either show, but I sure miss the gun shows of yesteryear. I remember going to a show at the Elkhart Armory 15+ years ago, and saw some great used guns at reasonable prices. Also there was a show in 1997 at an old trainstation in South Bend, again, great prices, not too packed.

The only thing that has come close was a show I went to over in Ohio, up by Cleveland but in a small town, Medina maybe?, and it wasn't bad. I just can't bring myself to go to the 1500 anymore. I do better just making the trip up to MidWest Gun Exchange or Elkhart Gun and Range, and a stop in at Granger Guns while I'm at it. Why all the deals are on the North side of the state I'll never know, but I haven't had a good experience with gun dealers in the Indy area. I guess I have to check out PSS sometime though.

hodgdon

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 23, 2009
    ---SORRY---sgt 1371 mark miller also makes knifes, I will have to look up terry miller that is good info. THANKS

12bee

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 2, 2008
    Northern Indiana
    I had a good time, sold some stuff and bought a S&W Model 41.It started a little slow as I'm in the back (across from the food a bit), but picked up by nine and it was packed until about 12-1 and pretty much dead by 3:30.The better deals are usually gone within a couple hours, but near the end there was still good deals to be had.Saw an early K22 for 400 (no box, but nice condition) that I don't believe sold.If I hadn't bought the 41, it'd been mine.Saw INMIline enjoying the show.Glad to see a good time seems to have been had by those posting.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Carp32
    Top Bottom