• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • HighStrung

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 5, 2010
    Pendleton
    Bourbon Street Distillary located on the N/W edge of downtown. Amazing cajun food, great atmosphere, sit on the balcony outside and watch the evening go by in the city. After having been to New Orleans a couple times, this place feels more like it than any other I've been to. They do have some tamed down meals for those not big into cajun. A short walk from the canal, catch a horse and buggy ride, or whatever. The wife and I love it, we go occasionally. They've got a few tv's and music sometimes, I recommend upstairs rather than down. I get there more often for lunch than the dinner/evening crowd. We've taken a group of 12 in there before at night and they still took great care of us. Here's a link with some other opinions of the place. Good luck and have fun

Bourbon Street Distillery - Near North - Indianapolis, IN

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008

Naptown

Master
    Rating - 100%
    70   0   0
    Dec 8, 2008
    Fishers, IN
    Bourbon Street Distillary located on the N/W edge of downtown. Amazing cajun food, great atmosphere, sit on the balcony outside and watch the evening go by in the city. After having been to New Orleans a couple times, this place feels more like it than any other I've been to. They do have some tamed down meals for those not big into cajun. A short walk from the canal, catch a horse and buggy ride, or whatever. The wife and I love it, we go occasionally. They've got a few tv's and music sometimes, I recommend upstairs rather than down. I get there more often for lunch than the dinner/evening crowd. We've taken a group of 12 in there before at night and they still took great care of us. Here's a link with some other opinions of the place. Good luck and have fun

Bourbon Street Distillery - Near North - Indianapolis, IN

+1 for BSD. Just ate there with my brother on brothers' day. Oh wait, that was mother's day! :rolleyes:

Cru

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 4, 2010
    Noblesville, IN
    I don’t know if it really meets what you are looking for, but my favorite place to eat in central Indiana is Mama Corolla’s

PistolBob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 6, 2010
    Midwest US
    Gray Brother's Cafeteria - ~ 25 min. SW of Indy
    Bub's Burgers - Carmel

Normally I enjoy Gray Brothers....but about three weeks ago I ate there and had the baked Tilapia fish dinner with green beans and fried potatoes....I had to stop and buy a 12 pack of toilet paper BEFORE I even got home. Took me three days to get over that.

Don't eat the fish unless you need to lose 8 pounds real quick.

Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    May 16, 2010
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Look up the Back 40 junction in decatur indiana its a buffet thats loaded with real home cooked food,makes golden comode and ponderosa look sick.

I have been there a few times, while its pretty good. Its not worth driving 3 hours to get there.

Truth be told, there aren't many restaurants I would drive 3 hours to eat at unless its in a bigger city. But a little traffic doesn't bother me.

tyler34

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    bloomington
    I've had his delicious eats many times.

I'm looking for a place to ride to. I've been to the Madison area and Brown County several times. I don't want to go through Chicago. I'm game for Ohio or possibly southern Illinois. Is there anywhere within 300 miles of here that I can see the flooding going on? I haven't been following the news as I've been working non stop as of late. Where did they blow the levee or whatever up?

southern illinois huh? hands down go to 17th st. BBQ mike mills is a legend in the world of Q and has won more championships than anyone else.

[ame]http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&q=214+N.+17th+Street,+Murphysboro,+IL&sll=37.0625,-95.677068&sspn=33.077336,86.308594&ie=UTF8&ll=37.766271,-89.341915&spn=0.008057,0.021071&z=16&iwloc=addr[/ame]

Top Bottom