• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Within 300 miles of Lafayette. I may have this Friday off and would like to get a nice day ride in for the first time in over a year. Any more, I like to find a great restaurant and plan a ride around it. So, where can I get a to die for pulled pork sandwich, burger, what have you that has some scenery on the way there and back?

Oliver

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 26, 2009
    For a ride and good eats, check out the story inn. Its located in Story,IN. I am not familiar with their
    menu, but for a great ride, its the spot.

rhart

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 11, 2009
    Avon
    Yep, Story Inn

For a ride and good eats, check out the story inn. Its located in Story,IN. I am not familiar with their
    We used to do that ride and its one of the best in the state. The story Inn has some really great food too.

SmileDocHill

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Westfield
    Last edited:

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008

Been there and done that several times. The one time I ate at the Story Inn, I was not impressed. I liked the tenderloins in Norman Station. Too bad they closed.

Riding through Chicago is not my idea of a good time. :D

Check out Oldenburg for fried chicken its ridiculous good.

I've been to Oldenburg and tried the chicken as well.

Anybody have any ideas in Michigan that aren't in Detroit? 2 years ago, I rode to St. Louis and tried a bbq joint out there, walked around the arch for a bit and came home. I also want to avoid any big cities and get caught up in traffic jams.

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    We've been to Bonge's a couple of times and were unimpressed. Nice Gooey Butter Cake for desert, but you can get better food at many other places, for a better price.

Hornadyln, why not pop over to Roadfood.com and hit up the "Where to eat" subforum? Lots of folks from the area there and tons of suggestions likely to hit you. Or you could do a search for some of the places in your range. I've run across loads of little gems on there.

scott delaney

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 25, 2009
    al-b-ques in delphi has awsome pulled pork,chicken, rib tips ,pork chops and brisket all served with butter potatoes and green beens. all cooked on a hard wood smoker for hours every morning. its about $6.00 for a very hearty meal. you need to get there close to noon, cause he only cook so much every day and when its gone hes closed. he is in delphi on 421 just north of the DQ about half a mile.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    al-b-ques in delphi has awsome pulled pork,chicken, rib tips ,pork chops and brisket all served with butter potatoes and green beens. all cooked on a hard wood smoker for hours every morning. its about $6.00 for a very hearty meal. you need to get there close to noon, cause he only cook so much every day and when its gone hes closed. he is in delphi on 421 just north of the DQ about half a mile.

I've had his delicious eats many times.

I'm looking for a place to ride to. I've been to the Madison area and Brown County several times. I don't want to go through Chicago. I'm game for Ohio or possibly southern Illinois. Is there anywhere within 300 miles of here that I can see the flooding going on? I haven't been following the news as I've been working non stop as of late. Where did they blow the levee or whatever up?

wrigleycub

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 29, 2010
    West side of Indy
    Within 300 miles of Lafayette. I may have this Friday off and would like to get a nice day ride in for the first time in over a year. Any more, I like to find a great restaurant and plan a ride around it. So, where can I get a to die for pulled pork sandwich, burger, what have you that has some scenery on the way there and back?

Pappys Bar-B-Q, Main Street Brazil, In. My crew and I go there once a month, we've been riding once a week for number of years in search for the best pulled lork sandwich. So far it pappys, cash only, and pappy will usually greet you while you eat. Great place, ojce again its cash only, park in the rear

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    I've had his delicious eats many times.

I'm looking for a place to ride to. I've been to the Madison area and Brown County several times. I don't want to go through Chicago. I'm game for Ohio or possibly southern Illinois. Is there anywhere within 300 miles of here that I can see the flooding going on? I haven't been following the news as I've been working non stop as of late. Where did they blow the levee or whatever up?
    The blown levee was somewhere over towards Cairo, on the Missouri side, as I recall. There's Terry's Turf Club in Cincinnati (actually in Linwood). Serious burger and diner food. Top notch, by all accounts.

jblomenberg16

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    If you are looking for some good bbq, you might try Homies Bar-b-que in Terre Haute. I think it is on 13th and Crawford if I remember right. A little hole in the wall joint, but GREAT food and a nice family that runs the place. We ate there a lot in college, and I've been back a few times since just for that.

theweakerbrother

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 28, 2009
    Bartholomew County, IN
    If you go to Story bring about three times more cash than what you normally do.. it is nice but expensive. Sometimes restaurant.com has 70 percent off discounts for the Story Inn. But it ain't anywhere near where you are. It's a good place to take your wife... If she's good. :)

Top Bottom