The Lost Regiment Series

duke

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 30, 2009
    Louisville, Ky
    Here is a quick list:

1. Atlas Shrugged, Ayn Rand. http://www.amazon.com/Atlas-Shrugged-Ayn-Rand/dp/0452011876/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1260241796&sr=1-2

2. The Common Good, Noam Chomsky http://www.amazon.com/Common-Good-Real-Story/dp/1878825089/ref=pd_sim_b_4

A primer to Chomsky, he enlightens about a variety of topics. Globalization, to Economics and everything in between. Prepare to have your mind changed or confirmed.

3. 1984 by George Orwell. http://www.amazon.com/1984-Signet-Classics-George-Orwell/dp/0451524934/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1260241433&sr=1-1

4. Kingdom of Fear by Hunter S. Thompson. http://www.amazon.com/Kingdom-Fear-Loathsome-Star-Crossed-American/dp/0684873249/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1260241509&sr=1-1 A fun Thompson read, and interesting to see how the world changes through his letters.

5. Sanibel Flats, Randy Wayne White. Fiction. http://www.amazon.com/Sanibel-Flats-Doc-Ford-Novel/dp/0312926022/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1260241693&sr=1-1 First in a series, ex-nsa agent tries to retire to Florida.

6. The Traveler. John Twelve Hawks. Fiction. Amazon.com: The Traveler (Fourth Realm Trilogy, Book 1) (9780385514286): John Twelve Hawks: Books

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    Salem
    I agree with many already listed...
    A lot of heavy duty stuff that I like there, both on economics, religion, etc.

Just like a well balanced meal, I would suggest something light to balance things out, while still being worthwhile. (Some might suggest that it's "roughage", but that's a whole 'nother kettle of fish.... :D )

Here's some lighter fare, that I've found worthwhile:

The Walking Drum, by Louis L'Amour (think again, if you dismiss this as a spaghetti western....it is ANYTHING BUT.) Very good learning, wrapped in the package of a historical novel. In the 12 Century, no less...

The Traveler's Gift, by Andy Andrews Good simple thinking, Andy's kind of a modern day Will Rogers.... Actually he's a very good speaker, and I'd recommend the DVD where he discusses a lot of the material from the book. It's a well spent hour or so. He's a friend of Dave Ramsey, but his area is not finance.

Uralguy

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 31, 2009
    Kokomo
    The Complete Motorcycle Nomad by Roger Lovin
    The basic premise is sell everything you own and then buy the best motorcycle and gear you can afford. He takes packing for minimal weight and maximum usefulness to a new level. He is real big on self reliance. The book is a pain to find. I read it when I was about 14 and that book, other than the prices he quotes is still relevant today.

The Devil's Guard by George Robert Elford
    Not sure where this falls between fact and fiction. Kinda a history of the French Foreign in Indochina. German troops enlisted in the Legion and were sent to Vietnam in the Forties. If you can find a copy of this one guard it with your life. They go for as much as a $150 in paperback.

Soldier by Anthony Herbert
    The most decorated soldier in the Korean conflict. A real role model of integrity and resourcefulness. Great read.

The CIA Black Book
    Go and get one. No excuse not to own at least 1. Get a small one for your BOB.

Do it yourself Acupuncture without Needles by Kenyon
    Great info for aches and pains and body ailments when medical aid is not available.

98.6 Degrees The Art Of Keeping Your *** Alive. By David Wescott
    Hydration is the number one goal.

I am gonna stop now and reread The Devil's Guard.

copper

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Jun 20, 2009
    Shelby County
    Only have two.

How to lie with Statistics by Darrell Huff: Teaches how all statistics are manipulated. It will also turn you into a Cynic.

Sun Tzu Art of War: Anyone that is in the Corporate World should keep this one on their desk.

WeAreNotAlone

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    I just ran across a online book that took 8 years to compile that I think everyone should read.

PS: Great book to give to your Anti-Gunners friends- Have them read it!

It gives fiqures on the amount of people that have been murdered by "governments", after reading it anyone with half a brain would be a fool to be promoting disarming the civilian population.

(Point out to your Anti-Gunner friends that history repeats itself.)

DEATH
    BY GOVERNMENT

By R.J. Rummel

DEATH BY GOVERNMENT: GENOCIDE AND MASS MURDER

SSGSAD

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    Town of 900 miles
    The Bible, has been listed, Elmer Keith, He** I was there, or Sixguns,
    No Second Place Winner, Bill Jordan, In the Gravest Extreme, Mas Ayoob, and Audie Murphy, To He** and back...

electra

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Greenfield
    One: The Holy Bible; the rule and guide of faith: it's the owner's manual, don't leave home without it!!!!

Two: This years Almanac (your choice: World/Time/Britanica/CIA): living in this world, you need accurate and up to date data to scope it out.

Three: "The Richest Man in Babylon" if you're not socking some away, you're done for.

Four: FM 21-76 US Army Survival Manual . . . keeps my 'what if' paranoia in check!

Five: "Climate and the affairs of men" by Iben Browning . . . Tell the global warmers to have a volcano and chill out.

redneckmedic

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Greenfield
    A lot of great books above, I won't double mention.
    So I'll add to:

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/Greatest-Secret-World-Og-Mandino/dp/0553280384/ref=pd_sim_b_2"]The Greatest salesman in the world[/ame]

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/Dinner-Perfect-Stranger-Invitation-Considering/dp/0739322834"]Dinner with a Perfect Stranger: An Invitation Worth Considering[/ame]

What to expect when you're expecting

7 habits of highly effective people

Left Behind

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Wow. Some great titles. I'm just surprised no one mentioned this one:
    5000 Year Leap. It never hurts to brush up on our history and why we continue on fighting the good fight.

Not much else I can add to that list. OH!

Indiana Driver's Handbook. A MUST read for all the idiots out there who forget how to drive on a normal basis! :laugh:

Top Bottom