• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JTScribe

Chicago Typewriter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    Bartholomew County
    It seems like your sizing die needs to go in about a 1/4 turn or so. I always ran a decapping die in station #1 and the caliber specific sizing die in #2 (you will have to move the decapping rod up to get it out of the way). Don't take this the wrong way, but it's probably something so obvious that you didn't even think about it. And if you can get another set of eyes on it to see if there is something else going on.

Edit: Also make sure you are running the press up to the full stroke. The loadmasters don't "cam-over" like some of the nicer presses

Oh, no worries, I've worked in IT long enough to know that sometimes all it takes is another set of eyes. ;)

EvilElmo

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 11, 2009
    Dearborn Co.
    The sizing die is the one in the die set that comes with the decapping pin, yes. Which, according to your previous post, you have in station 2.

JTScribe

Chicago Typewriter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    Bartholomew County
    The sizing die is the one in the die set that comes with the decapping pin, yes. Which, according to your previous post, you have in station 2.

It's in station 1, the one I have in 2 is a universal decapper with the pin removed. I read somewhere where they said that was a good way to stabilize the cases when you priming in station 2. Will check it, thanks guys.

EvilElmo

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 11, 2009
    Dearborn Co.
    It's in station 1, the one I have in 2 is a universal decapper with the pin removed. I read somewhere where they said that was a good way to stabilize the cases when you priming in station 2. Will check it, thanks guys.

You've got those backwards. The sizing die from the die set will do two jobs if you want it to - sizing the case down to match the spec, as well as knocking out the old primer. Take the pin out and put that die in station 2. That way you're sizing the case (and holding it very still) while it's being primed.

The universal decapper doesn't do any resizing because it's "universal" - i.e. it'll decap any case because it does nothing but hold the pin in place. It doesn't even contact the case so it's serving no benefit at all in station 2. Put the pin back in it and move it to station 1 and you should get much better results.

JTScribe

Chicago Typewriter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    Bartholomew County
    ARGH!
    Got another problem with my LoadMaster.
    I'm out of brass. ;)

Guys, I really appreciate all of your help and input. I was able to load up all of my .223s this evening. I've repped everyone in this thread to the point that I can't give any more. If I missed anyone who posted, LMK and I'll hook you up. You have no idea how frustrated I was getting!

Top Bottom