• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • phishb0y

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 23, 2008
    Lawrenceburg
    While at a family get together in lovely Nashville In. my wif outed me to my sister who is anti-gun. The resulting nagging was worth it when my sister turned to my uncle and said " can you believe he has a gun under there?" and my uncle replied " I am glad he does makes me feel safer." I started when my nephew head butted my hip and hit holster my wife said watch out he is hitting you gun. She appologized and I didnt rise to my sisters bait, but I was really dissapointed in my wife. We have had this discussion and had even talked wat to do in certain situations, after I read an article i SWAT magazine on the issue. I dont want to harp I hope she got the point, but still a little leary.

tv1217

N6OTB
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Kouts
    From the title alone, I thought you were talking about something else, and I was all like "Whaaaat?!"

in_betts

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 16, 2009
    North of FW
    She appologized and I didnt rise to my sisters bait,
    Then
    I'd let it go, you're ok, she's ok, that's what counts

I do realize how this can be frustrating, but the more comfortable YOU are the less these things will bother you. At a recent small family gathering on my wife's side my Sis-in-law said "I don't understand why you think you need to carry a gun around" and I replied "I don't feel I NEED to, I choose to and it is very similar to you buying insurance on your house, even though you don't THINK you will have a fire, and you HOPE you DON'T have a fire, you still have insurance on your house."

She dropped it.

nalees

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 23, 2009
    West Lafayette, IN
    my wife did this once when i first started carrying, i gave her a funny look and she realized it wasn't a good thing to bring up! we talked about it later to discuss how we handle those conversations

infidel

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    1193434017623.jpg

:scared:

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    It seems to me that your wife may not be fully comfortable with you carrying or with guns in general. Why did you need to watch out? His head-butting your pistol would not make it discharge, would not hurt you, would not hurt anyone but him, and if he keeps butting his head against something :wallbash: that hurts him, I think he may have other problems that need addressed. ;)

I think either your or her hand in front of it to catch his head and keep him from crying (I'm guessing he's small) but I can't think of too many other reasons she would tell you to "watch out" as if there was some danger. Note as well that she may not be aware of this discomfort herself. Just something to keep in the back of your mind as you notice things that happen when you two're out or when you're talking and the subject of your gun(s) comes up. (I don't think you should bring it up, but be aware if she does.) :twocents:

Blessings,
    Bill

infidel

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    My mother-inlaw constantly rags on me about having a gun in the house. Yet she keeps an unloaded .38 in her nightstand, to "scare" intruders.

Do me a favor and ask her what happens when the bad guy doesn't get "scared". drugs, their own weapon, no care for life, it does happen for multiple reasons.

colt45er

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Nov 6, 2008
    Avon, IN
    It seems to me that your wife may not be fully comfortable with you carrying or with guns in general. Why did you need to watch out? His head-butting your pistol would not make it discharge, would not hurt you, would not hurt anyone but him, and if he keeps butting his head against something :wallbash: that hurts him, I think he may have other problems that need addressed. ;)

I think either your or her hand in front of it to catch his head and keep him from crying (I'm guessing he's small) but I can't think of too many other reasons she would tell you to "watch out" as if there was some danger. Note as well that she may not be aware of this discomfort herself. Just something to keep in the back of your mind as you notice things that happen when you two're out or when you're talking and the subject of your gun(s) comes up. (I don't think you should bring it up, but be aware if she does.) :twocents:

Blessings,
    Bill

I am giong to say this and home I don't get shot by all the INGO ladies.

You have to remember that many, not all, but many females would tell you to "watch out" for things that many males would not. This coiuld simply be a knee jerk reaction to what she saw happening.

Now, yes it would be better to get her to the point where it is a complete non-issue, but I don't have a lot of room to talk since my wife is much the same.

She has said something once to people that didn't know. It was her family which I didn't really care about. Most of them knew anyways.

sticks4walking

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Apr 12, 2009
    Nobletucky
    The whole thing may have to do with her understanding of guns and how they even work. She may have thought that would make the gun discharge. Has she ever been to the range with you? Has she ever fired a gun herself? A simple explanation of the workings of a gun might be all she needs.

Top Bottom