• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bill B

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 2, 2009
    RA 0 DEC 0
    Took her shooting yesterday. After shooting the .22 with scope she shot the M4 without a scope. She enjoyed shooting both, although she still needs lots of practice and coaching.
    So we were on the way home and she says to me "you need a scope for that gun (the M4) because I can't see the target at 100 yards" :rockwoot:
    I love my wife.
    No the question, what to get?:dunno:
    The rifle is a bushmaster M4 carbine flat top.
    Suggestions?
    Thanks.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Try a Burris AR332 LINK => Scopes - rifle scopes, handgun scopes, hunting scopes by Burris Optics

This is a 3x magnification sight, not a true scope. It allows for quick target acquisition and gives a modest amount of magnification. And you can tell her it is designed specifically for your model gun!

ar_332.jpg
    ballistic_cqreticle_dia.jpg

Burris said:
    AR-332™ Prism Sight

A 3x tactical prism sight that’s rugged, compact, and waterproof, the AR-332
    features our unique Ballistic/CQ™ reticle. This ‘Close Quarters’ reticle performs
    at long range too, with bullet drop compensation out to 500 yards. It ships with
    integrated lens covers, multi-coated lenses, a 1.5" sunshade and a Picatinny rail
    mounting bracket. Also mounts on an AR carry handle.

DocIndy

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Mar 30, 2010
    Franklin
    I'm looking for a scope for the same type rifle. I've been looking at a Millet DMS-1(Designated Marksman Scope). SWFA has the scope for $209. It has low magnification 1x-4x, has a 30mm tube and a really cool reticle. It also has illumination to light up the dot and donut in the reticle. As far as the mount goes...that depends on how deep your wallet is. SWFA has the Burris PEPR mount for $69. If you look at the scope and mount together, they offer it in a combo and it was on sale $255 I think it was. My only issue with the mount is that it uses nuts to lock the mount to the rail like scope rings do. The mounts that use a lever to make it easily removable cost @$150 and up. But with those you can remove the mount and optic and reinstall it without having to re-zero. I'll be watching this thread too to see what others suggest.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    I'm looking for a scope for the same type rifle. I've been looking at a Millet DMS-1(Designated Marksman Scope). SWFA has the scope for $209. It has low magnification 1x-4x, has a 30mm tube and a really cool reticle. It also has illumination to light up the dot and donut in the reticle. . .
    Well that is another awesome scope. I have two of those mounted on two different AR15s and love them. The sight picture is very easy to acquire, the scope offers enough power for hunting a deer on the far side of a farm field (4x magnification) but also allows you to dial it down to a 1x for spot shooting up close and personal.

My 458 Socom chambered AR15 deer killer is sporting one of those:
    P1080217.jpg

P1080215.jpg

I've also got the same model, but couple year older, Milett scope parked on top of one of my 6.5 Grendel have-some-fun guns:
    2-4-1.jpg

2-3-1.jpg

DocIndy

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Mar 30, 2010
    Franklin
    Thats the set up I'm looking at. What mount is on the .458? Have you had to remove/reinstall it? If so did you loose your zero and have to resight it in?

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Its an American Defense mount.

It clamps on, I honestly don't know if it will hold zero after taking it off because I don't take it off. But its easy enough to take off because its a simple toggle switch set up. They offer them in single and dual toggles, with various options.

Top Bottom