• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • kspa57

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 7, 2011
    Avon
    don't sound that bad, you did the right think can't fix stupid. I just mess with them most of the think if they bother me.

MrSmitty

Master of useless information
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    Jeffersonville
    wal mert hires from the shallow end of the gene pool

semper fi :patriot: :ingo:
    Not really..... my wife used to work there, she is very smart AND gun friendly.... and best of all she likes me!...so there goes your theory!...now my ex-wife is another story!!! (thats why she's an ex)

Markedup

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 17, 2008
    Fort Wayne
    I was prescribed pain medication and decided to get it filled at Wal Mart because the prices are very affordable. QUOTE]

Do you know where your medicine was made?
    We have experienced bad quality imported meds .
    Welcome to Indiana Gunowners.

Thanks

Mark

Fishe39392

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 7, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Not all walmart associates are that bad. I've worked there for almost 4 years. I know the company policies, as well as the legal standpoints of carrying whether it be OC or CC. Your best bet is to call the store and ask to speak to a manager regarding the issue.
    I've been to my own store, as well as several other walmart stores all while OCing and never has anyone said anything about it.
    Just chalk this one up to one bad associate, but dont let it form your opinion of ALL associates.

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    I don't think it's worth going to WALMART to save a couple of pennies, the lines are long, & they won't let you open-carry:(

I've OCed in mine local one frequently and in several others, never had a problem.

That's odd, I've seen folks OC at mine. Including one woman. No-one's ever been hassled that I've heard from.

Not all walmart associates are that bad. I've worked there for almost 4 years. I know the company policies, as well as the legal standpoints of carrying whether it be OC or CC. Your best bet is to call the store and ask to speak to a manager regarding the issue.
    I've been to my own store, as well as several other walmart stores all while OCing and never has anyone said anything about it.
    Just chalk this one up to one bad associate, but dont let it form your opinion of ALL associates.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    NE Indiana
    Some employees will just make up a rule as they see fit.

When questioned, they may even make up a reason as they see fit.

It doesn't make any difference to them (if they even realize) that Wal-Mart corporate policy is to simply recognize the laws of whatever state the store is located.

You could always follow up with that store's manager and then move up the chain of command if you'd like some local resolution.

For the record, I've never had any issues openly carrying in any of several Wal-Marts.
    I have had this conversation with corporate via telephone and in writing once in the past. Corporate told me that it was general policy to follow state law, but it is still left to each store manager's discretion on a case-by-case basis as to whether or not to allow a person with a firearm onto the premises or not.

An assistant manager in a store swore Indiana has a Concealed Carry Permit, and as such, every citizen must cover their firearm while carrying or leave it in their vehicle or at home. He said that it "states it right on the permit (which is wrong), and he called a Sheriff's deputy that is a friend of his and the local Police Department before finding that he was incorrect. Wrong, wrong, wrong information. Only written here for the Asst. Manager's thoughts, which prompted the telephone call and letter to corporate.

jsgolfman

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Greenwood
    Sounds like a positive experience to me. You go there for the affordable prices, not WalMart's stance on the second amendment. It appears that they followed through with the affordable prices which is why you believe you will return.

I will spend money in stores that meet my expectations for what that particular store provides. I will spend money in restaurants for the quality of food and service that restaurant provides. I will fill up at gas stations for the quality of gas and price that the gas station provides. I will bank with whatever bank provides the best service in person, on the web, and by location of ATMs.

I hear that Sacs Fifth Avenue is VERY pro-second amendment. Maybe you should all go shop there as that seems to be the most important thing in life (at least when looking for a reason to complain about a company).
    If that's your personal credo, great, but no reason to attack everyone because they don't follow your path.

LawDog76

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 31, 2010
    Brownsburg
    I'm just curious, if a mere "associate" makes an issue of your weapon and you ignore their request to leave, does it carry the same weight as a manager?

Say "Bob" the guy that empties the trashcans makes an issue of it and takes it upon himself to display his ignorance of corporate policy by calling the law are you trespassing.

Let's leave management out of this, this is about "Bob". I understand that the manager on duty will probably side with Bob if (s)he becomes involved to protect Bobs paranoia. Focus on Bob.

If I remember correctly without digging up all the elements of the law, it has to be the owner of the business or their authorized representative (Managers, Ast manager, or paid security [in-house or contacted]).

theweakerbrother

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 28, 2009
    Bartholomew County, IN
    I hear that Sacs Fifth Avenue is VERY pro-second amendment. Maybe you should all go shop there as that seems to be the most important thing in life (at least when looking for a reason to complain about a company).

Is that some sort of male strip club?

Women's & Men's Designer Apparel, Shoes, Handbags & More | Gucci, Prada, Burberry, Juicy Couture, more - Saks.com

Who knew that the designer clothing and accessory store also catered to the pharmaceutical crowd. I'll be right back... I'm going to OC at the store in Chicago and demand prescription schedule II drugs at the Guest Services counter.

Preferably the colour scheme of the prescription will match my Ralph Lauren shawl.

0465025208877R__ASTL_300x400.jpg

Bubba

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 10, 2009
    Rensselaer
    wal mert hires from the shallow end of the gene pool

semper fi :patriot: :ingo:

:ingo: indeed.

I feel so privileged to be part of the INGO elite, home of only doctors, lawyers, and engineers and where the least successful member is only a junior partner in their firm. I'm not sure I could live with the shame of working in a place where, as INGO assures me, a number describing the employees' average number of teeth might sometimes be mistaken for their IQ. Thanks to this wonderful forum, I have been informed in clear and properly punctuated statements that the industries staffed by these pitiable morlocks include:
    -Taco Bell
    -Walmart
    -gas station attendants
    -grocery store clerks
    -assistant managers of any stripe
    -private security guards

Fitch

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2011
    Indianapolis (Westside)
    I will probably search for a store that is oc friendly rather than risk the possibility of more undesireable contact with an ignorant associate at this store, but I will not judge an entire company based on the actions of this person. I am certain that this associate was instructed to provide this statement by her superiors if she were asked, as it sounded rehearsed. I would probably seek assistance from management, but it seems to me that based on the posts on here that each store manager has the power to decide whether or not they allow patrons to oc or not in their store.

finity

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 29, 2008
    Auburn

Oh why not?

It's WAY more fun to pigeon hole every person you meet into nice neat little packages that tend to make you feel better about yourself.

I will probably search for a store that is oc friendly rather than risk the possibility of more undesireable contact with an ignorant associate at this store, but I will not judge an entire company based on the actions of this person. I am certain that this associate was instructed to provide this statement by her superiors if she were asked, as it sounded rehearsed. I would probably seek assistance from management, but it seems to me that based on the posts on here that each store manager has the power to decide whether or not they allow patrons to oc or not in their store.

No! It is completely UNREASONABLE that the manager be able to ask that you cover it or take it to your car! If they ask you to do that then the recommended response is "I decline to aquiesce to your request". Well, at least that's what I was told by several people in that OTHER thread. ;)

If you do that then you'll have plenty of time to stealthily make your escape & continue shopping as the "dimwitted" Walmart manager is distracted trying to figure out what you just said. I've heard somewhere that's the only kind they hire so it should be pretty easy.

:D

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Michael.
    Top Bottom