• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cwagner1

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2012
    To what mag drop issue do you speak? Is the mag fully inserted? I have noticed with a full mag, I have to insert with a positive palm pound.

Yes, it's fully inserted, and slammed home.

It's a known issue with the shield. I had to send mine into smith and they installed a bigger mag release, and gave me the new dimpled mags that don't drop out.

It's most prevalent with the shield .40. The round makes the frame flex a little, and the mag releases and drops free. Google it. A lot of people have this issue.

Mine works great now with the fix. But ill be trading for an xds in .40 when they come out. The issue just soured me on the shield.

scottka

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 28, 2009
    SW IN
    Well we are back and I think I prefer my G26

I agree... Don't get me wrong... I think the Shield is a great little weapon. Having said that, I really don't see a point for it in MY carry line-up. It's significantly bigger than my CM9, so I can't comfortably pocket carry it, but if I want to go a little bigger for an easy IWB, I'd go with an M&P9c (or in your case, G26) for the better capacity. The Shield is even taller than the M&P9c, so I don't ever see me carrying a Shield-sized weapon. Yeah, it's a bit thinner than the M&P9c, but not enough for me to give up 5 rounds and have a longer (more printing) grip.

Fenway

no longer pays the bills
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2008
    behind you
    That is just about exactly where I am. I use a CM9 for pocket carry.

I agree... Don't get me wrong... I think the Shield is a great little weapon. Having said that, I really don't see a point for it in MY carry line-up. It's significantly bigger than my CM9, so I can't comfortably pocket carry it, but if I want to go a little bigger for an easy IWB, I'd go with an M&P9c (or in your case, G26) for the better capacity. The Shield is even taller than the M&P9c, so I don't ever see me carrying a Shield-sized weapon. Yeah, it's a bit thinner than the M&P9c, but not enough for me to give up 5 rounds and have a longer (more printing) grip.

Fenway

no longer pays the bills
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2008
    behind you
    Yes it is. What a beauty. It is significantly thicker than the shield but more capacity, no external safety (don't think the Shields safety would go on by accident...but) maybe easier to come by these days.

I would not want to try and pocket carry a G26 or Shield. I leave that job for my Kahr CM9. For carry with a holster although slimmer I don't see the advantages of the Sheild over the G26. For me. yet. Will keep shooting it and get a Raven holster if they make one yet to test out.

Hard to beat a G26!

Top Bottom