• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    Fenway's rifle was coated with Cerakote which is the most durable finish I've seen so far. I use Cerakote, DuraCoat, Norrell's moly resin and KG GunKote and the Cerakote is the toughest of them all. It'll take quite a beating...

I'm glad you're pleased with it Fenway!! I enjoy doing these "dusted" jobs, lots of fun...

Bulgy74

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 29, 2009
    Why are the rail covers so far up front? It makes more sense that if you are not going to cover your rails with panels and you are going to have a VFG, the panels and VFG are not in the same place. That's to say that in this case, if your VFG is that far forward, you should move the panels to the rear or if you are the type that likes the grip towards the rear- you'd put the panels up further.

The reason for this is that where you have the VFG, you'll be holding onto the VFG completely or at the most, just a little of the rails (with a cupped hand in front of the grip and under the rail).

If you like the grip up front, move the panels to the rear so that you can grab the rail at the rear and have your hands protected by the covers.

Basically as it stands, you aren't protecting your hands with the rail covers where they are and if you were to want to put a choke hold on the rear of handguards in a traditional way, you'd be grabbing onto nothing but rail.

Top Bottom