• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • aaron580

Master
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Nov 27, 2012
    Morgan County
    Well as some of you know, I am very against the term "assault weapon." On RTV6 facebook page, I am surprised to see most people are in support of the 2nd amendment! But I found this post and I decided to reply to it. There are a few others just like this, but I found this first. Do you think I held up my argument well?

ScreenShot2013-01-16at13445PM_zps661a78a7.png

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    Not bad!

I try to tell people that any weapon used to assault someone is an "assault weapon" be it a firearm, baseball bat, hammer, knife, fist, boxcutter, Boeing 767, etc.

So calling a firearm an assault weapon if the firearm has not been used to assault someone is wrong.

Elmo26

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 2, 2012
    I love the fact that there are people in this world who grab a catch phrase like "assualt weapons" or "Military Style Weapons" here is my question for everyone where does it end if you classify things as a "Military Style Weapon" as some radical uneducated anit-american gun control communists would classify things. Does that mean because the 1911 "style" guns were used in the military that they want them banned. Is it because my rifle has a scope on it that it is called a sniper rifle and also in that military style. Or is it my .50 sidelock Hawken muzzleloader is considered a military rifle because similar weapons were used in the revolutionary war. Where does it end when will people open up their eyes and realize that if guns kill people then spoons make people fat and playboy gives them carpal tunnel

Tim Enyeart

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 25, 2011
    Marion
    The first line of defense is yourself. If the police have it I want it, and I want to practice and train with it. If policemen need 30 rounds then so do I because I might not have time to wait 2-15 minutes for help.

Sdixon

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 24, 2009
    Wayne county
    Dont get caught up arguing semantics; What needed to be addressed is this persons misunderstanding of the 2A.
    When someone says "you dont need xyz weapons to hunt..." Thats when you need to educate them on the intended purpose of the second amendment.
    We need to let them know it has nothing to do with shooting skeet, ducks or deer. I'll even go so far to say the 2A isnt about the right of an individual to carry a pistol for self defense... Its about the right of the people to defend themselves against a hostile, and oppressive domestic goverment. If you let them change the narrative to hunting or recreational shooting then you have already lost the argument.
    Although the NRA has done a lot of good for 2A supporters, I feel they are partly to blame for this misinterpretation of the second Amendment.
    Every publication I have recieved from them in the past 20 years is virtually nothing but hunting and sport shooting.
    I think they felt that the image of the "American hunter" was less offensive and more palatable for the general public.

Once a person realizes why we have the second amendment, they will understand why we need "assault rifles".

Top Bottom