• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    They just want to sell food. They'd rather not get involved in gun carry debates. Their answer was solid and better than a no.

:+1:

I bet there are plenty of businesses out there who just want to sell their wares without becoming ground zero for some political war.

MacEoghan

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 15, 2013
    Franklin
    I eat there regularly. They have great burgers (and I'm a total burger guy). Super friendly staff, at least the one near where I live. I never wait long for my food and I carry there every time I go. Usually CC, but occasionally OC when I just want a little extra comfort. Never been hassled about it once. I'm glad they are staying neutral on the topic. It's a place I've always enjoyed and my soon to be wife loves it too so I'm glad they are still ok with me carrying. I couldn't tell my fiancee that I no longer want to support them.. if she stopped getting her margarita chicken... it wouldn't go over well. Happy wife happy life.

HeadlessRoland

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 8, 2011
    In the dark
    They just want to sell food. They'd rather not get involved in gun carry debates. Their answer was solid and better than a no.

They're being weasels, but they state quite clearly that if you're OCing they won't stop you. I still won't eat there because the food is terrible and the service sucked long before this issue popped up, but they're only making a stance to thwart the rabid anti-gunners publicly while desperately wanting the business of the pro-gun community. They're desperate not to lose any money over this, so they're making this non-stance look like an actual stance. It's pathetic and cowardly, in my opinion, but I'm also not running a multi-million-dollar business that's probably hemmorhaging money from both sides right now.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    If this is really what you read, you should seriously stop and consider if you have the maturity required to carry a firearm. I mean that 110%. It is those like you who make responsible gun carriers cringe.

Maturity considered: adequate for carrying a firearm. Then again, I based it on my 49+ years on this Earth, not one post on an Internet forum.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    If I was some corporate wonk at Brinker's Restaurant Corp (Chili's parent company), I'd have replied exactly the same way. Avoid getting in the middle of a flame-war that you will not win.

Since I'm not a corporate wonk at Brinker's Restaurant Corp, I'm annoyed. Then again, a lot of things annoy me. Do I stop doing what I'm doing? No, I just express my annoyance on Internet forums. My annoyance at the anti-2A crowd here. I express my annoyance with other issues on other forums.

Will I continue to eat there? Yeah. Will I have a handgun in an OWB holster concealed by a shirt that's 2 sizes too big? Yeah.

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    While many restaurants I'm sure support the first amendment, if enough people insist on setting up a podium and reading spoken word poetry to all the other customers just to prove they can, I'd wager the restaurant will eventually protest.

brotherbill3

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2010
    Hamilton Co.
    While many restaurants I'm sure support the first amendment, if enough people insist on setting up a podium and reading spoken word poetry to all the other customers just to prove they can, I'd wager the restaurant will eventually protest.

I just want to mime it. ... will that bother anyone?

... wait

... for

... it

OK ... well no not really. but LOL.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    They're being weasels, but they state quite clearly that if you're OCing they won't stop you. I still won't eat there because the food is terrible and the service sucked long before this issue popped up, but they're only making a stance to thwart the rabid anti-gunners publicly while desperately wanting the business of the pro-gun community. They're desperate not to lose any money over this, so they're making this non-stance look like an actual stance. It's pathetic and cowardly, in my opinion, but I'm also not running a multi-million-dollar business that's probably hemmorhaging money from both sides right now.

So what is the plan then? A company says yes, OC if you want, though we prefer you don't. What more can you ask for? Once gun owners avoid child's because their owner doesn't fly the Gadsen flag from a pole then MDA wins. When we frequent businesses respectfully carrying, we win. :twocents:

ChristianPatriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 11, 2013
    Clifford, IN
    Man they could've made that letter a lot shorter. "No we don't really want you to, but legally we have to let you."

I OC'd at the one in Franklin a few hours ago. Nobody said a word.

Top Bottom