My Personal Favorite Flavor of Ice Cream is...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • qwerty

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 24, 2010
    NWI
    Bourbon!

bbqu6xoccaavjzx.jpg

RugerRog

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Indy
    I never met a flavor I havent liked :D. Maybe the coffee flavors, not a coffee drinker. In this order: Butter Pecan, Chocolate, Chocolate Chip, Vanilla, at Christmas Peppermint.

Rocket57

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 19, 2010
    In denial
    Fried ice cream. Not the stuff in Mexican resaurants, got it at Kroger a couple of times. Kind of a carmel vanilla with tasty crunchy stuff mixed in. Could be fried worms for all I know, but it sure tastes good.

Used to love peppermint ice cream from Baskin Robbins when I was a kid. Haven't been to a B.R. in decades.

Mackey

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 4, 2011
    interwebs
    Chocolate.

I just wanted to have a post where no one could debate, argue or question the validity of the statement.:thumbsup:

Oh yeah.

There was a guy who went up to an ice cream vendor.
    He said, "I'd like a chocolate ice cream cone."
    "Sorry sir," was the replay, "we have not chocolate today, only vanilla and strawberry."
    "All right then," responded the man, "Then just give me two scoops of chocolate ice cream in a bowl."
    "I'm sorry sir, we only have strawberry and vanilla ice cream."
    "They will you please give me a sunday with chocolate ice cream"
    "Listen man," the man replied,
    "Can you spell the 'van' in vanilla?"
    "Sure ... V A N"
    "Can you spell the 'straw' in strawberry?"
    "Yes I Can ... S T R A W."
    "Now spell the 'stink' in chocolate"
    "Their ain't no Stink in Cholcolate"
    "THAT's WHAT I'M TRYING TO TELL YOU!!!!!"

rgrimm01

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 4, 2011
    Sullivan County, IN
    Been making my own ice cream at home for about a year now. It's pretty easy to do and MUCH better than anything you can buy in the stores. My latest concoction was made last weekend and is Maple Ice Cream with Salty, Buttered Nuts (Pecans)

665008_10152236944365394_630830393_o_zpsaa5662e8.jpg

664644_10152212036820394_1185897968_o_zpsbf486ce8.jpg

306071_10151432425695394_1063058701_n_zpsa84e0309.jpg

We make our own on occassion and it is a huge hit at family get-togethers. Takes me back to my youth and a great aunt that used to make it and keep it in the freezer in individual serving tiny metal butter containers (I know, what is up with that? The bowls were like 1/20 of a serving...).

After time and materials costs are factored, Ben and Jerrys "Fish Food" is reasonably priced. For taste, my favorite is simple homemade vanella...

Is the bottom pic yam by chance? Looks good whatever it is...

JokerGirl

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 2, 2012
    NW Indy
    We make our own on occassion and it is a huge hit at family get-togethers. Takes me back to my youth and a great aunt that used to make it and keep it in the freezer in individual serving tiny metal butter containers (I know, what is up with that? The bowls were like 1/20 of a serving...).

After time and materials costs are factored, Ben and Jerrys "Fish Food" is reasonably priced. For taste, my favorite is simple homemade vanella...

Is the bottom pic yam by chance? Looks good whatever it is...

Surprisingly, these new ice cream machines are really quite efficient. About 20 minute cook time on the ice cream slurry itself, and then toss it in the maker for 30minutes to an hour, and forget about it. You can tell by the sound of the motor if it's getting close.

The toughest part about making it is finding somewhere that sells pasteurized creme (non-UHP). Out of all the places, Meijer is the place to find it.

From top to bottom, the ice creams are:

Maple ice cream with salty, buttered pecans (but it can be any nut)
    Tahitian vanilla bean
    Salted Caramel - not yam, but it's REALLY darned tasty.

I've got a batch of strawberries here that I'm going to roast in the oven, puree, and turn into ice cream in the next day or two.

Last summer, I picked a bunch of apple mint from my garden and made my own mint ice cream. It was pretty darned tasty. I might try it with chocolate or regular mint this next season.

Brandon

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 28, 2010
    SE Indy
    I used to work at Ritter's making the stuff back when they opened their first location with the inside tables.

My favorite to make was Chocolate because we just poured the mix into the machine and away it went. Everything else had flavoring mixed in which slowed you down when you had to look for the certain flavoring.

After working there for a couple of years and making around $8,000.00 worth of the stuff a night on the weekends, you kind of get sick of the stuff. (That figure was back in the summer of '02-'03)

Top Bottom