• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Landon

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 14, 2011
    Henryville
    Here's something that will shock some people (and I may get physically ill): for the first time in my life (or his), I agree with the SOB/POS. If you are consistently buying and selling guns to make a profit, you should damn well get your FFL and require 4473s and NICS checks from all your purchasers.

We are the f*cking good guys in this debate - let's don't lose it because we look like we're trying to sell guns to prohibited purchasers.

Guy

I agree to a point. In this day and age its very easy for someone to be engaged in selling firearms for a profit without a need for a physical building to conduct such business, which is a requirement to obtain an FFL. Maybe the government should offer the ability for anyone selling a firearm to be able to call the NICS center and run a background check at no cost. I am sure there are several private sellers, even ones that sell just a couple guns every now and then that would make the call if afforded the opportunity at no cost.

SSGSAD

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    Town of 900 miles
    Here's something that will shock some people (and I may get physically ill): for the first time in my life (or his), I agree with the SOB/POS. If you are consistently buying and selling guns to make a profit, you should damn well get your FFL and require 4473s and NICS checks from all your purchasers.

We are the f*cking good guys in this debate - let's don't lose it because we look like we're trying to sell guns to prohibited purchasers.

Guy

Ok, but one can buy/sell 12 cars in one year, and not be considered "in the car business".

I was listening to Dana L., on WIBC, and she said, one couldn't even trade one gun, on a new sale, w/o a ffl .....

She said a lawyer had sent her this info .....

IndyGlockMan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    Fishers
    Being that getting an FFL is pretty well impossible unless you have a store, this could be an opportunity for some legislators on the right to bring up the National Concealed Carry Permit debate and add some stuff to it to go along with the SOB/POS's stuff like...
    - allow NCCP holders to buy and sell firearms with out 4473's & NICS to other NCCP holders.
    - allow NCCP holders to purchase NFA items with only a regular NICS check. Might need to fill out a 4473 also.
    - allow NCCP holders to buy and sell firearms and ammo across state lines with other NCCP holders.
    - allow NCCP holders to carry high capacity mags in all states
    ... I'm sure sure there's a few more we can think of.

- all current FFL's, LE, and NFA stamp holders get express/discounted NCCP's

He can have his stuff, if we can have ours... It's only FAIR! LOL

Last edited:

GuyRelford

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 30, 2009
    Zionsville
    Ok, but one can buy/sell 12 cars in one year, and not be considered "in the car business".

I was listening to Dana L., on WIBC, and she said, one couldn't even trade one gun, on a new sale, w/o a ffl .....

She said a lawyer had sent her this info .....

Then by all means, take legal advice from Dana.

In reality - read the ATF guidance document, posted by me and others up thread.

Last edited:

Libertarian01

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Fort Wayne

Guy

Agree 100% and repped!

While we may all agree or disagree to varying levels regarding the need/infringement of the existing regulations, the fact is they DO exist. Until they are legally repealed all should follow them.

It has been entirely unfair to law abiding dealers to compete at gun shows with Mr. Grumpy who has been "selling of his collection" for the last 10 damn years! His collection never shrinks or goes away, and this is dealing! This has created a two (2) tiered playing field for the legal v/s illegal dealers.

Regards,

Doug

hps

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 26, 2009
    Glad I was permanently banned from the classifieds. For not following the 67 stupid rules. haha

j4jenk

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 27, 2012
    Madison County

Guy

I agree that folks who are legitimately "in business" should have a license. The problem with this "directive" is the enforcement mechanisms that will be required to prove that the local yokels aren't making a few bucks on some used 870s. The only way is track all guns through every change of ownership, otherwise know as registration. It's one of the .gov's favorite tactics, regulate behavior under the cover of regulating commercial activity.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Great article Guy. You should send it to the NRA. I got one of the Chris Cox (NRA-ILA) emails yesterday and it actually made me a little angry because 1) it was obviously composed before the EO was actually announced, and 2) it promotes the (false) panic-inducing nonsense that this EO is going to require everyone to "register" with the .gov as an FFL. I think they had a good opportunity to inform their members about what's really in the EO, and instead chose the fear mongering route, and they blew it. What this EO basically says is that they're (allegedly) going to more strongly enforce existing laws, which is what we pro-gunners have been clamoring for all along. It was an excellent opportunity to make it look like the president is finally taking OUR advice, but as it was written it just makes the NRA look like a bunch of tin-foil wearing nut-jobs. :xmad:

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    I agree that folks who are legitimately "in business" should have a license. The problem with this "directive" is the enforcement mechanisms that will be required to prove that the local yokels aren't making a few bucks on some used 870s. The only way is track all guns through every change of ownership, otherwise know as registration. It's one of the .gov's favorite tactics, regulate behavior under the cover of regulating commercial activity.

While I'm sure that the Administration would love to see registration, the FFL requirement has not led to this yet and the proposed action only enforced current law. Registration can not be implements without and actual law which would have to make it through Congress.

dnurk

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 20, 2012
    Boone County
    Another great article, Guy. Shared it to ky social media page as I have quite a few middle of the road "friends" who I am sure don't understand the nuance of these regulations.

You are a huge asset to our cause, sir.

j4jenk

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 27, 2012
    Madison County
    While I'm sure that the Administration would love to see registration, the FFL requirement has not led to this yet and the proposed action only enforced current law. Registration can not be implements without and actual law which would have to make it through Congress.

Not in it's current form, but the current system for FFLs tracks firearms from the manufacturer or importer to the point of sale for every NEW gun put into circulation. Yes, FFLs also have to track used guns that cross through their books, but the enforcement mechanism is currently only examining that FFL's record keeping. The only way to track sales of used guns, private sale or otherwise, is some form of registration.

SSGSAD

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    Town of 900 miles
    Ok, in my post, #24, I was actually asking a question .....

I read the form, and it said nothing about trades .....

So is trading going to be allowed, if this crap gets signed ?????

Top Bottom