• GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    I've got an xdm40 and really like it. Judging by the comments in this thread so far, I'd say you'll like yours too.

KJW

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 31, 2010
    Lamb's Crossing
    The Elder Wand aka my xdM 9

:yesway: I have affectionately given my xdm-9 the moniker "The Elder Wand," because it has no peer and cannot be defeated, just like the wand from "The Deathly Hallows." :popcorn: I've shot it against Glock, HK, Beretta, and Sig. I bested all of them with ease, and when the other gun owners shot my xdm-9, they bested their own guns.

I did have a trigger job done on it by the gunsmiths at Springfield Armory and that was the best decision I think I could make. I've pretty much decided that any gun not from the custom shop needs an improved trigger. None of the guns listed above had a trigger remotely as nice as mine and truth be told it's probably the reason everyone shot the xdm-9 better.

I love my xdm-9 :rockwoot:

dubsac

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 31, 2009
    Indianapolis
    :yesway: I have affectionately given my xdm-9 the moniker "The Elder Wand," because it has no peer and cannot be defeated, just like the wand from "The Deathly Hallows." :popcorn: I've shot it against Glock, HK, Beretta, and Sig. I bested all of them with ease, and when the other gun owners shot my xdm-9, they bested their own guns.

I did have a trigger job done on it by the gunsmiths at Springfield Armory and that was the best decision I think I could make. I've pretty much decided that any gun not from the custom shop needs an improved trigger. None of the guns listed above had a trigger remotely as nice as mine and truth be told it's probably the reason everyone shot the xdm-9 better.

I love my xdm-9 :rockwoot:
    What did you have done to the trigger if you dont mind me asking?? And what did that hit you for.:spend:

bman1962

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 15, 2010
    Huntington, Indiana
    My wife has a xdm9 and we both really like shooting it. I have a brand new xdm 40 still in the box. I hope to get it out and shoot it next weekend. I for one really like all the springfield products I have shot.

I'm betting you will love it!!

cak387

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 20, 2010
    Kokomo
    I don't want to thread jack but cak387 what do you not like about your 40 vs a 9?

Kind of late, but there is nothing I dislike about my 40. I'm a somewhat bigger guy (6'3" and 210lbs) and I can conceal it well when I need/have to. I haven't shot the 9 but I'm sure I would love that also, especially with the round count it has. One thing that I do like about them is that to me, they fit my hand like a glove. I tried out a lot of other guns before settling on this one and I really think I made the right choice.

KJW

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 31, 2010
    Lamb's Crossing
    I called and talked to one of the gunsmith and described what I wanted, which was basically to lighten the pull, shorten the travel, and take out the creep. He mentioned not to go too light on the pull if it was a gun I was planning on carrying for defensive purposes. I understand the reason for that logic, but I choose to not put my finger on the trigger until my sights are on target. The most important safety is the one between your ears. On their website Springfield Armory you can click to see an adobe file of the custom packages and trigger jobs.

STEEL CORE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Fishers
    My future son in law bought one as his first gun, he must have dreamed about it for a long time, I tried to Glocktalk him out of it, but he would not listen and now he is stuck with it. No seriously he too loves his and has sent it back to Springfield for N/S and a trigger job.

Top Bottom