• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mrmonte

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 1, 2009
    Indy South Side
    Even though these facts probably lessen the value of my rifle, it doesn't matter to me, but it would to a snot nosed and snobby elite Garand collector geek...and there are a lot of those types of people out there these days. ;)

Just because you want to own an M1 thats as correct as possible from WWII does not make you snot nosed or a snob! Now that thats off my chest, anyone with a barrel from November of 1940 please contact me...Cash in hand+I will donate you a kidney!!:D

Walter Zoomie

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 3, 2008
    BeechTucky
    pudding-ck-522543-l.jpg

:D

Walter Zoomie

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 3, 2008
    BeechTucky
    It is (re) finished! I am kinda aroused and stuff because it is the most beautifullest thing I have ever created with my own human hands. I may openly weep too. Or something. Maybe.

p3310009.jpg

p3310004l.jpg

DocBoCook

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 16, 2010
    Clermont
    there is a good video if you search M1 garand field strip on google. Step by step, forwards and back. worked great for my dad and he is comp illiterate

jblomenberg16

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    Looks great! I just finished changing out some parts on my M1 to bring it into an all HRA (post war) part gun. There is just something about this old war horses that is very sensual.

Jerry

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 23, 2008
    S. Indy
    Wow!!! That's awesome...

I have the feeling that this firearm will continue to be a cherished family Heirloom.
    Congrats Walter Zoomie

ol' poke

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 14, 2010
    You have a great uncle. :yesway:

I bought my Garand from the CMP several years ago. It's a "Select" grade, made by International Harvester, just down the road in Evansville, IN. I thought they made tractors and combines! :dunno: Have all my farmer friends either extremely jealous or just scratchin' their heads. She still shoots better than I do, but I'm catchin up fast. Get some of that Greek CMP ammo - it's good and relatively cheap.

Congratulations on obtaining the 'finest battle implement ever devised'. :rockwoot:

ol' poke

CandRFan

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 12, 2008
    Kokomo
    You're allowed to crap the bed and openly weep when you get your first Garand, especially when it's given as a gift. I certainly did when I got my 1944 Springfield! :D

That's a nice rifle! One of the things that I also enjoy about my Garand is looking for the accessories for it. I've found a m1903 leather sling and a M1 modified m1905 bayonet so far.

I also have a couple of resource books, Bruce Canfield's "Complete Guide to the M1 Garand and the M1 Carbine," and Scott Duff's "The M1 Garand: World War II."

Your website gave me a few chuckles. Your Garand is a dirty whore. :D

jblomenberg16

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    You're allowed to crap the bed and openly weep when you get your first Garand, especially when it's given as a gift. I certainly did when I got my 1944 Springfield! :D

That's a nice rifle! One of the things that I also enjoy about my Garand is looking for the accessories for it. I've found a m1903 leather sling and a M1 modified m1905 bayonet so far.

I also have a couple of resource books, Bruce Canfield's "Complete Guide to the M1 Garand and the M1 Carbine," and Scott Duff's "The M1 Garand: World War II."

Your website gave me a few chuckles. Your Garand is a dirty whore. :D

No kidding about getting stuff for it. I spent about $500 on e-bay and gunbroker in the last two weeks getting correct HRA parts for mine, + some cool accessories for it, like ammo belt, WWII web gear, bayonet, etc.

CandRFan

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 12, 2008
    Kokomo
    No kidding about getting stuff for it. I spent about $500 on e-bay and gunbroker in the last two weeks getting correct HRA parts for mine, + some cool accessories for it, like ammo belt, WWII web gear, bayonet, etc.

And I bet you had a good time finding all that stuff too :yesway:

Top Bottom