• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jason765

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 25, 2011
    Henry County
    1938 Izhevsk with beautiful color on the stock, bought this rifle @ Dunhams in Anderson. I looked at every Mosin in the case, then the manager? (Angela) who was very patient and helpful, went to get my background check and when she came back she had 4 more unopened boxs on a dolly. She opened all of the boxs for me to look through and in the last box I found this 1938 izzy with some nice brass. The rest of the rifles were 42-44, this being the oldest and best looking IMO, I was sold. The stamping on this rifle is also deeper and more defined than the rest. All matching #'s except for the bayonet but no big deal. I'll be first to say:koolaid:

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Shoots4Fun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    74   0   0
    Dec 21, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN
    I haven't bought anything from Dunham's there but have done plenty of looking. The people there including Angela have always been super helpful and suprisingly knowledgable, particularly since they only have the small firearms section.

Often have prices to beat as well.

Congrats...:+1:

jason765

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 25, 2011
    Henry County
    Yeah Angela was very helpful, and brought more rifles up from the back, which really complicated things since Im already indecisive.:dunno: I guess she thought I needed more options. but Im glad she did because in the end she unboxed one with nice shiney brass, and with my racoon brained logic I couldnt let go. it worked out great. I feel like I got a beautiful rifle, that I would have never seen without the help of the staff there.:rockwoot:

timeforchili

Plinker
    Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    midwest gun exchange has them on sale for $80. obviously you'd have to spend an extra $80 in gas to get up there but just throwing it out there for anyone interested.

rugertoter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 9, 2011
    N.E. Corner
    Nice Mosin. I bought one at Dunhams in Auburn a few weeks ago, an its a real shooter. Best five shot group was 2.5" at 100 yards. Not to bad for a old rifle, 1943, and standard steel cased 148 grain ball. Did your bayonet fit? I had to use a file on mine, then reblue it, to get it to fit.

jason765

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 25, 2011
    Henry County
    Did your bayonet fit? I had to use a file on mine, then reblue it, to get it to fit.

Yes is fit very well, I've read about people having problems with them being too tight, and I kind of expected that. I used too much muscle putting it on and smashed my thumb against the front sight, but for me thats a rite of passage. A gun is not truely mine until it pinches, smashes, stabs, burns or injures me in some kind of way. (Never been shot by my own gun):abused: Just the thought that that bayonet could have skewered a nazi makes it so worth it.

Top Bottom