• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Deucemizer

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Apr 18, 2012
    Lafayette
    Love my 30 carbine, It was shipped back from Korea when they were done with it (interesing history). The 'Blue Sky Country' importer stamp on the barrel was so heavy it affected the accuracy. I re-barreled it for cheap, but hopefully thats not somthing too many people have to deal with.

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    I bought my carbine in '87 or '88 in Anderson at a gunshop on 53rd st. I got it and a Ruger Blackhawk in .30 carbine also. The Ruger is an ear killer. Worse than probably any other handgun I own.
    Congrats and be sure to remember the hearing protection

chizzle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Dec 8, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Okay, I don't have it yet. I just won the auction on Gunbroker, but by this time next week I should be fondling my new (to me) Iver-Johnson M1 Carbine.

So stoked.

And for only $406! (plus shipping & ffl of course)

IVER JOHNSON 30 M1 CARBINE 30CAL US CARBINE : Semi Auto Rifles at GunBroker.com

Are you going to leave it stock, or race it up a little? Here's mine just to give you some ideas:

2012-07-29_17-32-03_667.jpg

dnurk

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 20, 2012
    Boone County
    Hijack: Carbine guys...anybody found any good ammo deals lately. None of the big guys are doing free shipping right now so it makes your price per round on 30 carbine ammo a bit steeper. Cheapest decent ammo I'm seeing online is about 41 cents per round prior to shipping.

:end hijack:

GunSlinger

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 20, 2011
    Right here.
    Hijack: Carbine guys...anybody found any good ammo deals lately. None of the big guys are doing free shipping right now so it makes your price per round on 30 carbine ammo a bit steeper. Cheapest decent ammo I'm seeing online is about 41 cents per round prior to shipping.

Take a look at http://www.cheaperthandirt.net/Default.aspx?gclid=CMytp-rIxrECFYeo4AodMkkA0Q

Tulammo and Aguila are fairly cheap there. Can't say one way or the other regarding Tulammo (haven't fired it yet) but the Aguila is excellent and the brass is reloadable.

OP...congrats on your new M1!!! Your gonna love it!

chizzle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Dec 8, 2008
    Indianapolis

Not to hijack the thread, but I have some for sale in the classifieds...

Last edited:
    Top Bottom