• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • shooter651

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 6, 2010
    There was a guy running one at FNS a few months ago, but the rear sight fell off part way through. He kept going just using the front sight. He was also shooting a revolver.

The sights are really crude! That's one thing really lacking on the rifle. I wish I could put some nice Troy Flip ups on without interfering with the folding/locking mechanism. My friend put a green laser with a tailcap switch on his.

686 Shooter

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Feb 20, 2010
    Huntington County
    If you do want to convert your Kel-tec to use G19 magazines instead of G17's, the folks at Kel-tec said that the grip can be filed down and it can be sent to them to have it modified.

chachi73

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 7, 2009
    west burbs
    I picked this one up NIB at PSS for $309 + tax a few months back (cheaper than I could find on the interwebz). Took it ECPR and had no problems and was surprisingly accurate with the stock sights. It is a fun little rifle. I've added 2 fun sticks and thinking about changing out the forend so I can add some tupperware. - love the hard chrome!
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=1080&pictureid=15468

ws98ta

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Jan 22, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Newb here, can a telescoping stock be put on one of these?

Can't add a telescoping stock. But they do make a stock extension, it adds about an inch and a half to the stock. I added one to mine and it makes alot more comfortable to shoot.
    Op might check into a bolt tube cover from tacticool products.

newtothis

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 28, 2011
    If you do want to convert your Kel-tec to use G19 magazines instead of G17's, the folks at Kel-tec said that the grip can be filed down and it can be sent to them to have it modified.

Im not sure some one who purchased the G17 model would wanna change magwells, youd be losing 2 rounds. :ar15:

dross

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Monument, CO
    I had one for a while and like everything about it except that it had a FTE problem. Finally sold it.

I've recently read that it's possible to buy one that uses Sig magazines and alter it so that CZ magazines can be used in it. If that's true, I might buy another one. I know that for some people they run reliably.

The folding option and the light weight make them a very nice little carbine if they'll run.

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    Finally got mine back together today after a trigger replacement (just couldn't bide the polymer one) and it was a ***** on wheels getting all the springs to stay put long enough to get it all the way together. I have the stock extension, and it's about 1 inch, but it doesn't interfere with the folding. Thinkin I'll put a laser on, but that's about it.

Kelzo

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 31, 2009
    I want a 9mm with Glock mags. I spend a lot of time in the Peoples Republic of California so I am ordering a bullet button kit for mine.

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    dross, if you had one of the very early ones, they had super stout recoil springs and was designed to handle +P+ ammo. When I got mine, I had the fail to eject issues and when I called Kel-tec to ask the problem, they told me about the spring, and if I wanted, I could send it back and have them replace the spring with a lighter one, or they could just send me the spring and I could do it. I put the lighter spring in and never had a problem after that. Nice to be able to switch back and forth depending on what ammo I am using.

I also installed the stock extension, but didn't like how hard it was, so cut and glued a piece of soft, almost foam-like rubber to it. Really a soft shooter now!!!

picture.php

ws98ta

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Jan 22, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Indykid did you glue it to the stock extension or to the stock? Do you any pics? I was thinking about getting the internal recoil buffer, but I don't like the fact you can't lock it open once it's installed.

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    Last edited:

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    No, you wouldn't; G17 and larger mags can still be used in the G19 frame.

Somebody didn't read my thread from last year... ;)

https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...an_observation_on_the_kel_tec_sub_2000_a.html

:) I'm pretty new here, so no. I looked at that, and yeah, it makes the MkIII look like a cakewalk. Put it together. What just fell out? That's the sear spring. Take it apart. It just disassembled itself again. Put it together. The trigger won't return. What? Take it apart. It just disassembled itself again. Put it together. Dammit, I forgot the mag release. Take it apart. Put it... wait, the sear spring doesn't even pretend to want to stay in anymore. And the trigger spring keeps popping off its little tab. Put it together BAD WORDS BAD WORDS CAN'T YOU REMEMBER THE BAD WORDS MAG RELEASE? Take it apart... All this because I wanted to replace that skeavy plastic trigger, but the one I have now is sweet. Smooth as glass and a clean break, with just a wee smidge of overtravel. I'm just not takin that thing apart again, don't even ask.

Top Bottom