• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rlynch25

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 11, 2009
    South East Indy
    I went to the range Saturday and fired the PF9. Prior to going, I did a quick cleaning of the pistol. No "fluff and buff" yet, just a normal cleaning and light oil.
    I fired a total of 125 rounds with no failures. After reading multiple posts, I expected a few failures but was pleasantly surprised. Accuracy seemed acceptable. I kept all shots on a silhouette target that's about 2/3 life size at 25 yards. I'd like to see accuracy at 7 yards but couldn't at Winamac range. Recoil did not seem bad. It definitely jumps more than my Ruger SR9 but I was able to get back on target easily and I thought quickly. I even fired a mag full of JHP to test for failure to feed. These fed well with no issues. I did adjust the sights UP while shooting. The rear sight is easily adjustable however there needs to be some pressure on the bottom of the sight to keep the sight in place, maybe a spring. Once I check the sighting at 7 yards I may add a small shim under the sight to make it more secure.
    Overall I am very impressed with the pistol. My confidence in carrying for protection is good and I think it is a good gun for the value. I still plan on polishing it up and getting about 500 rounds through it to feel even better with my shooting and it's reliability.

TheDude

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    104   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Southeast Kentuckiana.
    I have never fluff & buffed any KT. Most have been broken in the right way. Its kinda like the 25cent trigger job on Glocks, never felt the need.

Really like my PF9, on the 300ish round and still rocking.

a.bentonab

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 22, 2009
    Evansville
    I just sold my pf9 for 300 at a gun show. I was pretty popular for the 20 minutes I was there before I sold it. I liked it in general but I was lured away by an xd subcompact. twice the ammo and about 1/8 of the recoil. I don't know how you guys ever enjoy shooting this thing. For me it was a pain. That said, it was small enough to disappear and I never had a failure in about 50 rounds fmj or jhp.

rockydog

Sharpshooter
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2009
    Lake Wawasee Northern IN
    I made both of mine. both are IWB. The black one has a belt loop and I made a sleave for the extra clip on the brown one that hangs outside the pants and looks like a knife pouch.

P2208090000.jpg

henktermaat

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    I made both of mine. both are IWB. The black one has a belt loop and I made a sleave for the extra clip on the brown one that hangs outside the pants and looks like a knife pouch.

P2208090000.jpg

I so want another one of these. Do they let you dual-wield at the range? :):

love the holsters. got a basic pattern we could look at?

rockydog

Sharpshooter
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2009
    Lake Wawasee Northern IN
    Here's the basic idea. I don't have a sewing machine that could tackle the leather so I use a small punch to punch the holes and then double stitch it by hand (i punched the top strap and then used a pen to mark the main part to punch). I threw some dimensions on it to give you an idea of print size.
    PF9pattern.jpg

You also can lay your gun on the leather and trace a line about 3/8" wide, and then carefully roll the gun over and trace the other side. cut the shape of one side and use your gun to fold over and make sure you like the fit before cutting the other side. I hope this helps

Don

Expert
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Jan 17, 2008
    Greenfield
    I just sold my pf9 for 300 at a gun show. I was pretty popular for the 20 minutes I was there before I sold it. I liked it in general but I was lured away by an xd subcompact. twice the ammo and about 1/8 of the recoil. I don't know how you guys ever enjoy shooting this thing. For me it was a pain. That said, it was small enough to disappear and I never had a failure in about 50 rounds fmj or jhp.
    You must have girly hands to be complaining about the recoil from a 9mm, I own a p11 and it has never been uncomfortable to fire. :twocents:

a.bentonab

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 22, 2009
    Evansville
    You must have girly hands to be complaining about the recoil from a 9mm, I own a p11 and it has never been uncomfortable to fire. :twocents:

I have shot plenty of 9mm, .40, 12 gauge, .357 magnum, and .357 sig. Shoot a PF9 and you will know what I mean. Seriously.

Top Bottom