• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Fenway

no longer pays the bills
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2008
    behind you
    Had the chance to pick up a new Kahr CM9 at the 21st Century Firearms table today at the Indy 1500. I had heard good things about this gun in one of the more recent Military Arms Channel reviews so when I came across one today at the 21st table I could not help myself! :spend:

There are many times when pocket carry is the only way I can roll with a gun. I have a Kel Tec P3AT that I have kept in a Desantis Nemisis pocket "holster" and it has been fine but not 100% pleased with the setup. I look forward to taking this to the range.

I'm going to be reviewing this after I put some rounds through it. Thanks to 21st for the awesome deal on this gun. Support those who support the site! :ingo:

pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed
    Nice choice for a pocket powerhouse. You will need to get used to the trigger, which is DAO. Very smooth and shorter than the P3AT, with some dry fire experience you will love it. However, if you are going to own one, you should learn how to spell it. ;)

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    I have been carrying the more expensive PM9 in a Desantis Nemisis holster since the pistol was first sold. It has been my constant companion since I first broke it in way back when. I have put over 2000 rounds through it staying in practice. It has been just like it should be, 100% reliable and amazingly accurate for such a small pistol.

About the only problem I have had with it is forgetting that it is in my pocket when going into a criminal protection zone. ;)

Hope your new Kahr is as good as my "old" Kahr. Just remember that Kahr pretty much requires a 200 round break in before saying the pistol is ready for carry.

Fenway

no longer pays the bills
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2008
    behind you
    Ya, My initial impression is this gun is very tight.... And I'm not sure that's a good thing. I'll shoot it and report back! Hoping it runs like yours!

Hope your new Kahr is as good as my "old" Kahr. Just remember that Kahr pretty much requires a 200 round break in before saying the pistol is ready for carry.

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    Salem
    You officially suck... I mean, I'm officially jealous.... :D

Currently carry an LCP for many of the reasons that you listed - eg. concealability is a must, etc. Love to carry the LCP, but looking for something more accurate, better trigger, etc. Was taking a long look at PM9, then they came out with the CM9.... Now I've just got to scrape the cash together...

I'm curious to see how the break in goes for you. They say that the Kahr's mellow out nicely after a couple of hundred rounds.

Hoosier45

Snowman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    143   0   0
    Aug 13, 2009
    Eastbound and down
    As a 1911 fan I am well aware of the "break in period." But my last two Kahrs were both flawless out of the box, a CW45 and a P40. The triggers took a little getting used to, but once you were familiar with where they broke they were fine. Both were accurate and reliable.

And they are very tight. Mine were impossible to drop the slide on an empty mag. Had to drop the mag first every time.

I have been looking at the CM9 as well. I will be as interested to see how it carries in the pocket as I will how it does at the range.

bogus

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Apr 16, 2009
    Columbus area
    Congrats!

I picked one up at Beech Grove firearms on Friday. Too busy to hit the range over the weekend. Hopefully next. I also just ordered a #4 Remora pocket/IWB for it after seeing some good reviews.

Hit the KahrTalk forums and check out the pre-range, break-in stickies over there.. Good info on cleaning the striker channel, lubing, etc...

Here are the links:

Proper Break-in:
    http://kahrtalk.com/showthread.php?t=1521

Lube Diagram:
    http://kahrtalk.com/showthread.php?t=1521

Remora holster:
    http://www.remoraholsters.com/

Last edited:

cosermann

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 15, 2008
    Cut me some slack... I'm a Glock guy

The Kahr trigger is nothing like a Glock, imo.

Keep in mind you have to come all the way back out for the trigger to reset.

Looking forward to your review. New guns are always fun.

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    I picked up a used CM9 from PSS about a month ago, was surprised to see a used one already but the price was right and it was unfired. Got around 200 rounds through it so far and its ran fine and very accurate for a small handgun.

railbug

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2010
    Noblesville
    I have owned a PM45 and now carry a PM40 the 40 was used and looks like it has had quite a few rounds down the pipe. I have put another 100 in it and love it, the trigger no problem just have to hold on tight. I think I may pick up a PM9 next. I hope you love it as much as I do.

IndianaGTI

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   1
    May 2, 2010
    Nice choice for a pocket powerhouse. You will need to get used to the trigger, which is DAO. Very smooth and shorter than the P3AT, with some dry fire experience you will love it. However, if you are going to own one, you should learn how to spell it. ;)

I own a Kahr. I don't think the trigger is DAO. I think the trigger is striker fired. I compared one to a sig p290 the other day. The sig is DAO and was kind of jerky. The Kahr is striker fired and is exceptionally smooth.

Fenway

no longer pays the bills
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2008
    behind you
    Have been dry firing the Kahr quite a bit this evening. First thing I'm going to do before I hit the range is take a black sharpie to this white line on the rear sight. It's messing with me.

uRrwq.jpg

pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed
    I own a Kahr. I don't think the trigger is DAO. I think the trigger is striker fired. I compared one to a sig p290 the other day. The sig is DAO and was kind of jerky. The Kahr is striker fired and is exceptionally smooth.

It is DAO per Kahr's website. You have to do a full pull with each shot, no short resets like with Glocks and many others. Kahr has patented the mechanism that produces that smooth trigger pull.

grunt soldier

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    May 20, 2009
    hamilton county
    i personally love glocks but the kahr trigger is money. finger **** her for a couple hours and your good to go imo. the trigger is a very nice single action set up (though i believe they claim it to be a double action)

congrats on the new gun sir they are amazing for pocket carry. just a bit more expensive and a bit heavier than the 380's but they pack a much bigger punch imo

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    the trigger is a very nice single action set up (though i believe they claim it to be a double action)

Didn't see this earlier (thanks to rnungester for the n00b thread resurrection)...

The Kahr trigger mechanism, like the Glock, might be considered a "single-action-and-a-half," as the cycling of the slide partially pre-loads the firing pin spring, and the trigger stroke finishes cocking, then releases it. That said, ATF classifies both the Glock and Kahr operating systems as double-action-only, even though the first action is technically only half of one.

There's a nice animation on Kahr's website showing the operation:
    Unique Design

Top Bottom