• ...and so much more!
  • theturtle06

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 24, 2009
    Denver, CO
    [/snipped photos]

You are proud of your kids when they take their first steps or say their first words. You are proud when the make the varsity team and graduate from high school but this is a level of pride that I have never felt before. I will admit that I got a little choked up during the ceremony. Mike is the fourth generation, fifth if you count my older brothers who are Vietnam Vets, to serve this great country. He is now on his way to Germany (where he was born) where and when he will be deployed next is up to the Army.

I had been wondering where you'd been :):

I wish I could say I had the intestinal fortitude that you and your family has for all the sacrifices you've made. Those sacrifices have probably gone unthanked for far too long and it says a great deal about how well you've raised your children when they follow in your footsteps. For those sacrifices, I personally thank you as I could never do what it is an everyday thing for our soldiers.

You have every right to be proud and I thank you for sharing your story with us.

smitty12b

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    May 19, 2008
    Thanks for all the congrats and reps(though not needed for this) I am very proud of him and all my kids, I guess I got lucky they are all three stellar human beings. I just got a text from mike " it's cold as hell here compared to Benning, everyone is pretty cool, can't wait to go out drinking this weekend"

my response "german beer will kick your *** quick, wear a rubber" :D

suby

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 2, 2009
    Greenwood
    Congrats to you and your son. Nice duty station for him too!

Had my blue cord once, but took it off last year to put on the wig wag flags... ;)

smitty12b

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    May 19, 2008
    A quick update on my Soldier:

He is now in Kabul, Afghanistan stationed at Camp Blackhorse with the 3/4 170th Brigade Combat team. Just before deployment he was promoted to Pfc and is now a fire team leader. The entire unit arrives this weekend but his platoon went early for reasons he didn't or couldn't tell me.
    While home for a quick 2week break I could tell he is a changed man. He was always very athletic, varsity basketball and track, but now he is a freakin horse. He is very focused, determined and full of esprit de corps. I think he may be a career man but this tour will decide that I am sure.

mike2.jpg

mike.jpg

CountryBoy19

Grandmaster
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Bedford, IN
    My BIL has bigger guns than your son. :D

Lol, he is going to graduate in a few weeks, he'll be artillery.

Congrats on such a momentous occasion! I know exactly how proud you feel... well, maybe not exactly because it's not my own child, but I can tell you that my level of pride is pretty dang high, especially for a kid (we're talking about my BIL now) that seemed to be starting down a troubled path in life.

ETA, oops... gotta look at the dates.... Thanks for the update and tell him thanks for his service. Good to hear that he is doing well, and I hope and pray that he, and his platoon (well, actually all the soldiers over there) stay safe and return home.

smitty12b

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    May 19, 2008
    My BIL has bigger guns than your son. :D

Lol, he is going to graduate in a few weeks, he'll be artillery.

Congrats on such a momentous occasion! I know exactly how proud you feel... well, maybe not exactly because it's not my own child, but I can tell you that my level of pride is pretty dang high, especially for a kid (we're talking about my BIL now) that seemed to be starting down a troubled path in life.

ETA, oops... gotta look at the dates.... Thanks for the update and tell him thanks for his service. Good to hear that he is doing well, and I hope and pray that he, and his platoon (well, actually all the soldiers over there) stay safe and return home.

Congrats and thanks to your BIL. The 170th has a artillery unit assigned to them and they spent the last 2 months cross training to be a grunt, good times:)

geronimojoe85

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Nov 16, 2009
    I was a 19D(scout) in an Airborne Infantry BN.
    Had a great time.

Tell him to go Airborne, you'll get to pound some wings into his chest.

Bigum1969

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    SW Indiana
    Congratulations on raising such a great son!

And, you have my heartfelt thanks and appreciation for all your family's service to this great nation. :patriot:

Top Bottom