• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • smitty12b

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    May 19, 2008
    I just got home from son's turning blue and graduation ceremony at Ft. Benning and my pride forces me to share the experience.

Turning Blue
    turningblue.jpg

At the Infantry Museum
    IMG_1334.jpg

Through the smoke and explosions com the newest class of warriors
    IMG_1340.jpg

My new Soldier
    IMG_1343.jpg

360 security demo
    IMG_1346.jpg

With his sister
    IMG_1348.jpg

You are proud of your kids when they take their first steps or say their first words. You are proud when the make the varsity team and graduate from high school but this is a level of pride that I have never felt before. I will admit that I got a little choked up during the ceremony. Mike is the fourth generation, fifth if you count my older brothers who are Vietnam Vets, to serve this great country. He is now on his way to Germany (where he was born) where and when he will be deployed next is up to the Army.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    There in 95.

Just had a cool little thing happen about Benning. My church supports what is basically an orphanage for troubled kids. We send out a group every year to deliver Christmas gifts to the 5 families that live at this orphanage. I donated some gift cards to the families and got some thank you letters from them. One family said they just went to Ft. Benning to watch one of their "sons" graduate from Infantry school. They had him from 7th grade on. I believe if it weren't for these Godly families taking in these kids, this guy would have never stood a chance and certainly wouldn't be a soldier today.

OHMSLAW

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 9, 2010
    Henryville
    My son was there a couple of years ago. He currently serves at Ft Meyers up around DC. If any of you saw the burial of Ted Kennedy and the gun salute my son was the one in the middle

smitty12b

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    May 19, 2008
    My son was there a couple of years ago. He currently serves at Ft Meyers up around DC. If any of you saw the burial of Ted Kennedy and the gun salute my son was the one in the middle

Is your son in the "Old Guard"? That is one tough job both physically and mentally

smitty12b

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    May 19, 2008
    Yes he is Old Guard and yes it is one tough job. It is common for him to put in 12 hour days.

I imagine if you let it that job will eat at your soul. I know I could never do it but thank god we have men like your son who can and do.

MoparMan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 11, 2009
    Congrats to your son and you for raising a fine boy. I remember those days just 13 short years ago.:patriot:

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    I just got home from son's turning blue and graduation ceremony at Ft. Benning and my pride forces me to share the experience.

You are proud of your kids when they take their first steps or say their first words. You are proud when the make the varsity team and graduate from high school but this is a level of pride that I have never felt before. I will admit that I got a little choked up during the ceremony. Mike is the fourth generation, fifth if you count my older brothers who are Vietnam Vets, to serve this great country. He is now on his way to Germany (where he was born) where and when he will be deployed next is up to the Army.

amen, I know you are proud of that young man, as we all are.

I've got one a year away from chasing a Ranger tab then Green Beret.

Top Bottom