• ...and so much more!
  • Cole46845

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 12, 2012
    My new gun safe! Updated with install pictures

2j49j02.jpg

Got a deal. Floor model 1899 plus tax. Original price was 2199. Gets delivered and bolted next week! Got info from this site that DB safes and Vaults was the place to have deliver/install Quoted me HALF of what another company quoted. This puppy is 900lbs of steel and sex appeal. Also going to add the liberty wireless security sensor that will let me know when opened or tampered with. Will review once it's loaded up

Last edited:

Bennettjh

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Columbus
    Awesome! I've never heard of a business that delivers/installs safes. That would be very handy if someone didn't have the equipment or knowledge to do it. I'll have to check into that for my next safe purchase.

Very nice OP!

Cole46845

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 12, 2012
    Yea luckily there are few places. Prices tend to vary. I would do it myself with my guys but have a flight of stairs it's going down and it's not worth dying over. If it was just into garage or main floor then prob would do it myself. Some things are better left to the professionals

Cole46845

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 12, 2012
    Yes it has two led lights. I got from gander. They might have them for close out at other stores its the fatboy 64. Manager said they are coming with a new fatboy that has couple more locking bolts on bottom of door. I think it's plenty secure for the money it also has power for any hard drives etc that need powered on but locked up

gunrunner0

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Goshen
    If DB safes is the guy from Plymouth, and I think it is, you will be very happy with his work. My dad,his friends and I have had about 6 or so safes moved and installed by him over the years. He does a great job and left no damage to the house, you will be very happy with his services.

copo

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    nwi
    Dan from DB Safes is a great guy! Great to deal with and takes the boxes away after delivery so no one see's what you just got delivered!

Spike_351

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2012
    Scott County
    I own the fatboy Jr and its an excellent safe, good job on getting this one I'm sure you will love it. Plus half the fun is getting it. The rest is filling it :D

Last edited:

dugsagun

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    portage
    Nice, now when peeps ask u where yer guns are, u can say u keep em in a safe place.. heh. Its corny but I like sayin it.

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    I have a Ft. Knox with an e-lock. I've had it for about 6 years. You are going to love the e-lock. Liberty makes a nice safe.

Cole46845

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 12, 2012
    What's the plan for getting in when the electronic keypad fails?

Call liberty. I have a meilink now with a electronic lock and in the 8 years of owning it only had to changes battery once. I'm not worried about being locked out, that's actually the last thing in the world I'm worried about

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    900 lbs. Good Sign. No matter how many features or accessories, the bottom line on a safe is how much steel is between you firearms and any bad guys. Nice choice.

Cole46845

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 12, 2012
    Just to follow up I had my fatboy 64 delivered Friday Dan from DB vaults and safes in south bend was great. His price was 225 for delivey and install. A competitor was 600. Can't say enough good things about Dan and his people

xql4qh.jpg

Cole46845

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 12, 2012
    Also they used this electric hand truck. Thing was awesome. Wheels would move up and down over the stairs, did some research on them and they are salty but a total back saver.

Top Bottom