• ...and so much more!
  • Amishman44

Master
    Rating - 98.2%
    54   1   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Woodburn
    Wheelguns

Congradulations...that is a S.W.E.E.T. - looking revolver! Those wood grips are beautiful and really set that gun apart! You can't beat a .357mag revolver for personal defense. Read up on some of the 'big city' coroner's reports regarding shooting deaths...the 'big caliber' revolvers (.357, .41, and .44's) nearly all have one shot stops while the .380 / 9mm shootings take 5-8+ rounds to get the job done. I've always believed that revolver-shooters are more accurate...

I understand wanting a nice revolver as I carry my avatar most of the time! I've outfitted my Ruger SP101 with a Meprolight front night sight and a Trausch grip, which really fits my small hand well. I may weight in a 25 oz., but I can hit what I shoot with it out to 45+ yards pretty accurately...and that's with a 2.25" barrel.

I just bought a Ruger GP100, 4", .357mag, Fixed-Sight revolver (it fits my hand just 'perfect') and am working to get it into carry status...XS Sights out of Fort Worth, TX is shipping me a Standard-Dot, Tritium NS for it and I'm waiting on a Bianch, Model 7, 3-Slot holster from copsplus.com to carry it in. Now, if I can just find a nice one in 3"???

Congradulations on the S&W...you'll enjoy it for years! :patriot:

dye

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 20, 2009
    NE Indiana
    That's a nice looking gun. Love the stainless. Maybe I should look into trading a couple of my pistol safe queens in on a revolver.:dunno:

Dog1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Feb 15, 2010
    Clark County, Indiana
    NP, I've done the same thing before. I've even seen items at a show and thought about it and walked back and they were gone! You still got a nice gun and a good deal. I wouldn't sell mine for that little. I really like the grips. The grips I'm fitting are finger grooved but not as thin.

At the time I was just wanting a .38/.357 and was really looking for a model 19 snubbie, then I saw this one, with a price too good to pass up.

I thought about the 29, but for me a Model 29 in the 6.5 or 8 3/8 inch barrel is more of a "I would like to have one" as opposed to " I need one".

I should have made a play at both, but I hate leaving a gunshow without some of my gun money left in my pocket.

Cru

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 4, 2010
    Noblesville, IN
    I have a 66 (no dash) 4". I love shooting that thing. It was a gift from my grandfather. Nice gun! I hope you enjoy it. I like the grips too!

Dog1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Feb 15, 2010
    Clark County, Indiana
    I have a 66 (no dash) 4". I love shooting that thing. It was a gift from my grandfather. Nice gun! I hope you enjoy it. I like the grips too!

I had a 4in 66 that I sold to get cash for this one.

There was nothing wrong with it, I just tend to look as most of my handguns as carry guns too, with the exception of a few.

Slow Hand

Master
    Rating - 99.4%
    153   1   0
    Aug 27, 2008
    West Side
    I think a .357 K frame is about the best power to size/weight ratio of any handgun out there. I love my old Model 15, but wish it were a 19, just for the occasional want/need for more power. My 3" Model 65 is probably carried more than any other gun I own. Great guns, super smooth actions and in stainless, durable for carry. I'm still looking for a good deal on a 19 or 66 to go with my son's 1894 Marlin!

And, yes, thos grips do look good. Most finger grooves don't fit my hand well, but when you find a pair that does, it's a great thing!

Dog1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Feb 15, 2010
    Clark County, Indiana
    I think a .357 K frame is about the best power to size/weight ratio of any handgun out there. I love my old Model 15, but wish it were a 19, just for the occasional want/need for more power. My 3" Model 65 is probably carried more than any other gun I own. Great guns, super smooth actions and in stainless, durable for carry. I'm still looking for a good deal on a 19 or 66 to go with my son's 1894 Marlin!

And, yes, thos grips do look good. Most finger grooves don't fit my hand well, but when you find a pair that does, it's a great thing!

I was the same way about the grips and the finger grooves..I figured if they did not feel right I would return them..but they do not.

I was looking for a Model 19 when I found this.

I would like a 6" 19 or a 6" 27....

Slow Hand

Master
    Rating - 99.4%
    153   1   0
    Aug 27, 2008
    West Side
    I've been looking for a 19, but have recently decided a 66 would be acceptable. I"m old fashioned and like my blued guns, but the stainless is obviously more durable. I know the 6" are great shooters, but teh 4" is so much more packable for hunting or concealed carry. I carried that old 4" model 15 for several years and still do on occasion, but the round butt, shoter barrel and bobbed hammer of the 65 carry so much easier. I recently traded back into a 4" Highway atrolman and they are great guns, too! A little big for carrying around all day, but with a good holster, it's no chore. Shooting hot .38 loads it's like a big .22! Only 'bad' thing about them is the short cylinder giving troubles with certain bullets. Teh N frames are nice, but i do love my K frames!!

Top Bottom