• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dog1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Feb 15, 2010
    Clark County, Indiana
    This is my new carry gun. A Model 66-2. I got it a gun show back last spring, but really have not had the time to properly give a shakedown. In the last few weeks I have ran about 600 rounds through it, a mix of .38 and .357.

IMG_1624.jpg

IMG_1623.jpg

IMG_1621.jpg

It came with the box and paperwork. I replaced the grips with a set of Ahrends. I really love these grips.

It's very accurate for a snub. I started to carry it after putting the first 400 rounds through it. I use a IWB Don Hume K frame holster. I thought it might be too big, but it really disappears inside my waistband. I switched from HKS to Safariland Speedloaders, which are, IMO, superior to the HKS.

Just thought you wheelgun guys would like this. It was the start of an addiction. I have since acquired a Model 36 no dash and a Model 17-2 K22 Masterpiece.

Last edited:

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    I have to get one decent revolver! That is a very nice looking gun, by the way.

Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    Very Nice! I was shooting mine a few weeks back and some of the younger guys were pretty impressed by it I think. A full power .357 Mag puts out a nice flame and boom! I'm in the process of cutting down some aftermarket wood grips and hopefully will have them done soon. I have a Mod 19 Nickle that is the same gun made from different metal. :yesway:

Dog1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Feb 15, 2010
    Clark County, Indiana
    The wheel guns are a addiction I have gotten 4 in the last 12 months

Yes they are.

I have reached to level I want in rifles and semi-autos...now I have been bitten by the wheelgun bug.

For me it's the engineering, the feel of the action. Thumbing back the hammer, seeing the cylinder turn and locking in place with that audible :click:.

S&W has the best, bar none-in my opinion-actions. The older, pre-lock guns are the ones I look for. While I'm always on the hunt for a pinned and recessed, this one jumped out at me at the Central Indiana gun show at Franklin, last spring.

The guy selling The 66, had a 6 1/2 Model 29-2, blued, with the box tools and paperwork, for $650. I got this for $400. I had $900 with me that day. Hindsight being 20-20, I should have offered him $900 for both. I think he would have taken it, since I got him down from $475 on the 66....

I love the fit and finish, the way that it feels in your hand. Better than a semi-auto.

Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    The guy selling The 66, had a 6 1/2 Model 29-2, blued, with the box tools and paperwork, for $650. I got this for $400. I had $900 with me that day. Hindsight being 20-20, I should have offered him $900 for both. I think he would have taken it, since I got him down from $475 on the 66....

Personally I would have tried to have bought the 29 before the 66. I love the 66 but a 6.5" 29 for around $600 is a good deal! But I've made a ton of mistakes in the gun trading/buying world!! :rolleyes:

Dog1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Feb 15, 2010
    Clark County, Indiana
    Personally I would have tried to have bought the 29 before the 66. I love the 66 but a 6.5" 29 for around $600 is a good deal! But I've made a ton of mistakes in the gun trading/buying world!! :rolleyes:

Yea I know...at the time I was looking for a .38/.357....oh well...;)

I did try to find the seller, I contacted the promoter of the show, asking them to pass on my contact info to the seller, but I never heard back from the show promoter.

Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    Yea I know...at the time I was looking for a .38/.357....oh well...;)

I did try to find the seller, I contacted the promoter of the show, asking them to pass on my contact info to the seller, but I never heard back from the show promoter.

NP, I've done the same thing before. I've even seen items at a show and thought about it and walked back and they were gone! You still got a nice gun and a good deal. I wouldn't sell mine for that little. I really like the grips. The grips I'm fitting are finger grooved but not as thin.

Top Bottom