• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    I really like the look of the wood stocks. I have an 870 Police Magnum with the wood buttstock and corn cob fore end. Just looks "Right" to me! Good work man!!

Rob377

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Dec 30, 2008
    DT
    There were a couple three different variants that I have seen over the years.
    The Standard model as shown had a 21" barrel and rifle sights, All the ones was ever around had the Sights removed and were used as standard ribbed or beaded shotguns. Its not impossible to become proficient with them this way but even then I felt it was not the best way to go.
    I never seen the synthetic stocked version but plenty of taped up wood. Now days the Corps has much better equipment and has arguably the finest fighting shotgun produced to date, but the MK1's were all wood and steel for along time.
    Notice the Sliding stock on the Recon Marines 870 up top. Meeting that guy on a beach on some tropical island in the middle of the night probably didn't end well for a few bad guys.

Another quote from a decent article on them.

All the M870s and M590s (mostly 590s, but we did have a few 870s) I dealt with 99-01 were synthetic stocked models, but not like the one in the pic. Some had beads, some had ghost rings. Never ran across any of the collapsible units in my time/MOS.

I'm liking the wood retro look!

Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    When I was in the Navy, Mid-late 70's, they had wood on the 870 and Ithica 37s. I have an Ithica 37 DSPS that is parked with oiled walnut and 9 shot tubes, also have an 87 just like it. They are great guns. I like the 870 the best.

Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    After handling this gun in person today I like it even more! It balances well and shoulders great. The look and feel are right on.:yesway:

Top Bottom