• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 8baller

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 23, 2010
    have a 19 year old daughter that just 3 or 4 days ago when i asked her to go to the range and learn to shoot told me.."you know i am against guns"
    ever since yesturday with the nutcase running around shooting people.(.i live in cedar lake right in the proximity of everything going on)she told me we need to purchase a shotgun for the home and she wants to spend some quality time with me learning to shoot..it's funny how tragedy wakes people up..

Cemetery-man

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 26, 2009
    Bremen
    Yes. sadly it takes a tragedy like this to wake up people into realizing just how fragile and dangerous a world they live in.

8baller

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 23, 2010
    Yes. sadly it takes a tragedy like this to wake up people into realizing just how fragile and dangerous a world they live in.

yeah...probably the wrong area for this... but any suggestions on a shotgun for home...kids kinda small so i was thinking 20 gauge but i dunno..
    eh i'll go through the forums when i get home from work and see what i come up with

VERT

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    Lot of talk on this forum about this exact topic. I think the consensus is that 20 guage is great for home defense. Only drawback is the lack of defensive loadings for this shell. Other then that the 20 guage will do its part. Mossberg 500 and Remington 870 are the two most popular choices.

JohnP82

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 2, 2009
    Fort Wayne

:+1: It sucks that it takes something bad to happen to make them realize, but at least she is open to the idea now. Good luck and hope all goes well. :ingo:

dukeboy_318

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 22, 2010
    in la la land
    Yes a judge would work best, but like it was said above, several, several threads on here bout that topic. And its sad that people can be so blind to the real world sometimes

U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    I'm glad she wants to take a proactive approach to safety and self defense. Sometimes it takes an unfortunate incident. Not to jack the thread. My Sister and her boyfriend live near the Greenwood park mall. Last year they had a break in. My sister came down stairs and saw a Man in the condo. Thankfully her boyfriend was home and chased him off. They wound up getting a security system. We all know they only go so far. Her boyfriend has talked about getting a gun. Dad and I have tried to convince them to get a 20 guage shotgun. Something my Sister can handle. She went with us to the range one day. The only handgun that did not scare her was a .22LR. Though better than nothing. It's not the best go to caliber.

guntrader#1

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 10, 2010
    fort wayne
    i take both my kids shooting, my son is 8 and my daughter is 10, they have shot it all from 12gauge shotguns, .40 .45 9mm, even my AR15. teach them young to shoot, but most of all teach SAFETY

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Michael.
    Top Bottom