My Kahr Arms CW40 did this at the range last week, not happy.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • scott08

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 27, 2009
    I would also check the guide rod over very well. Very cheap to replace, and good insurance.

The way the spring is installed is similar to the reason why you install the open spring end into the cup on 1911's. Otherwise the spring can bind on the rod and cause jamming issues. I learned that from a YouTube video of someone field stripping a 1911 and specifically pointing it out.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    ... I was not the last person to assemble my gun, So the lesson I guess is that no matter what, always check everything, then when your done, check it again.

Lesson learned. There are some things I do not trust to others. High on the list is disassembly/reassembly of a weapon that I would be carrying or shooting, without stripping it back down myself (other than just shooting 1 or 2 rounds out of at the range after the owner had shot a few. And even then I am generally paranoid about shooting other people's firearms, unless I know them very well.)

XtremeVel

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Feb 2, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    The last 7-10 days haven't been to friendly toward Kahr's on here. This is the third thread in which there was some kind of issue. I have always found the CW9 to be a very well made and trouble free choice.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    The last 7-10 days haven't been to friendly toward Kahr's on here. This is the third thread in which there was some kind of issue. I have always found the CW9 to be a very well made and trouble free choice.

To be fair, I don't think this thread can be considered a Kahr issue... and I don't own one, so not a fanboy here, just a statement.

XtremeVel

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Feb 2, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    To be fair, I don't think this thread can be considered a Kahr issue... and I don't own one, so not a fanboy here, just a statement.

You're right... Just hopefully anyone considering a Kahr read the thread thru to the conclusion. I also suspect one of the other threads was ammo related and not a Kahr issue... That just leaves the (1) thread with some light rust.

Encore460Mag

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Feb 20, 2011
    Huntingburg
    I Had a p45 that I bought used that did that to me the first time I took it to the range,watched a few videos on youtube on how to break the gun down,took a little while to get it but found that the recoil spring was installed backwards,shows on there website and in the manuals the correct way to install back in,but mine did the same thing as yours once the recoil spring was corrected it didnt do it anymore.

Top Bottom