• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Clay

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.8%
    81   1   0
    Aug 28, 2008
    Vigo Co
    ok, more info wanted on the burner assembly!!!!!!!!!!!

looks great!! you really have my brain working as I need a new grill right now.

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    I've got a huge project you should take off my hands. 30 inch by 6 foot smoker with insulated fire box. 24x42 charcoal grill. Mounted on a trailer with room for two turkey fryers and a 24x72 storage box. I just can't get motivated to finish it...

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    Smoker - doors need finished up, grates need done, smoke stack needs done, and the smoker would be finished.

Grill - lid needs finished, ash door needs built.

Trailer - axle needs moved back or made tandem.

Everything needs painted.

Probably 20-40 hours depending on if someone wanted the turkeys fryers and storage.

I never planned on keeping it. I was building it to sell. I just got bored with it - I'm a good starter, not a finisher...

CountryBoy19

Grandmaster
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Bedford, IN
    Details on the burner please? I'm currently building this (my uncles calls it the party wagon because he wants to take it to County Concert)
    roaster1.jpg

I just can't seem to get the burner burning right. It is a 48" long 3/4" black iron pipe with a .045" mig tip as the orifice and a needle valve to further control the flame. The gas jet passes through a section of 3/4" pipe that has holes drilled adjacent to the orifice to draw air. The burner holes are 1/16" holes spaced every 2" on front and back of pipe. I seem to have half blue flame and half orange. I'd like to get it burning a lot cleaner before trying to use it.

BTW, I know it looks ugly with the axle back that far, but the frame was only $20 with a title and propane hookup that came with it. I didn't want to relocate the axle so I just chopped the back a little bit. I'm going to put a prep table right above the axle and I hope that will balance it out a little bit.

CountryBoy19

Grandmaster
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Bedford, IN
    The first burner hole is plenty far (10") from the mixer. I have plenty of holes in the mixer, I just can't get enough air to draw in with the gas. The .045" orifice is the smallest I can go, otherwise it'll never maintain temp. How many holes do you have in your burner tube and what size are they? How many and how large of holes are in your air mixer and what size is your orifice? How long is your burner tube as well?

mwilson

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 13, 2009
    franklin
    bbq

I have the original grill that Cbarnett and his brother built sitting by the house! I truthfully believe that I can cook 2 150 pound hogs at the same time and not raise the lid till it is time to commence to shredding and devouring!
    And it is built on a trailer so down the road we go if need be!
    Now that we have the grill power I believe it is time for a Johnson County InGunowners 'BBQ" of a big batch of BACON on the hoof!
    By the way Cbarnett where did you happen to find such a fabulously nice AR to have your picture taken with?
    jason and i are game for a bbq. if you can get everybody together i can help.

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    Here is my June 09 build. Cooking 4 boston butts right now. Has a firebox in back center. This is a front to back offset. I like the even heat I get across the rack! I also installed propane for when I'm lazy or want to sleep.

BackViewofJune09grill.jpg

FrontviewofJune09grill.jpg

Quit.

Showing.

Off!:D

Damn, that first grill is so sick...I need to start a project like that.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Michael.
    Top Bottom