• misconfig

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   1
    Apr 1, 2009
    Avon
    Rat Cutlery H.E.S.T

P1050194.JPG

Bought it from Knife Lady for a great price, brand new - this thing is so sharp it shaves the hair right off of my face.

tyler34

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    bloomington
    I'll be honest I'm not a fan of that knife in the least. taking a big chunk out the spine of the blade is just stupid IMO and hurts the strength overall. there is a reason you don't see other knives doing that. but I also understand robert young pelton is not a knife designer in any sense of the word. I'm glad your happy though.:twocents:

misconfig

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   1
    Apr 1, 2009
    Avon
    I'll be honest I'm not a fan of that knife in the least. taking a big chunk out the spine of the blade is just stupid IMO and hurts the strength overall. there is a reason you don't see other knives doing that. but I also understand robert young pelton is not a knife designer in any sense of the word. I'm glad your happy though.:twocents:

Yea I tend to agree, but this knife is 3 times as thick as the Izula, so IMO this think can handle the chunk being taken out for the bottle opener.

This knife is nice, weather you like all the goodies wrapped around it or not, it's well balanced, made from 1095 carbon steel and sharp as a razer, it sure fits my Camping // hunting needs.

Hey we're all different and I surely value your opinion!

Knife Lady

PROUD TO BE AN ARMY BRAT
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 1, 2010
    Central USA
    Thank you Nate for supporting my small business. You were very prompt and very nice to do business with. If I can help you in the future please just give me a call. BTW keep my number on file. lol Personally I like the HEST, but I like all of the ESEE's . I think for the money they are a great knife and the warranty is the best. I have never had any complaints on any RAT or ESEE knife I have sold. Not one. You got a great knife and make sure you use it. See you at the Indy 1500 in Aug.

Thanks again,
    Sheila

NosmoKing

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    Ah yes, I remember my first *REAL* knife well. A Mad Dog ATAK. Wasn't particularly cheap, but was well worth it. Have added a few other Mad Dog's since then.

Nosmo

:yesway:

misconfig

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   1
    Apr 1, 2009
    Avon
    Ah yes, I remember my first *REAL* knife well. A Mad Dog ATAK. Wasn't particularly cheap, but was well worth it. Have added a few other Mad Dog's since then.

Nosmo

:yesway:

Wow, you have some REAL mad dog knives?

I'd LOVE to just hold one, those things are waaaay out of my price range - for the price of some of those beauties you could buy a nice AR.

By the way, there is a book by Neil Straussman called "Emergency this book will save your life" it features Mad Dog.

451_Detonics

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2010
    North Central Indiana
    Not sure how I feel about the bottle opener cut, not something I would ask for on a custom. RAT knives do have a good rep despite being a bit pricy, and those who own one always seem to buy a second, or third, or fourth...you get the idea. The HEST looks like a good general use size and should make for a good camp and general usage knife. The point on the tang I am not too sure of, looks like it has the potential to catch the arm when walking.

Now we need action pics.

tradertator

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    Greene County
    I've had one of these for quite some time. I definitely think the blade has enough "heft" (is that the right word?) for the cut on the back. It's one of my favorites to pack on my belt when I'm fishing / canoeing because the bottle opener is super handy.

The one drawback for me is the prybar on the bottom, because a fore mentioned, if you have big paws, the grip is a little tight.

All things considered, I think its a great knife.

misconfig

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   1
    Apr 1, 2009
    Avon
    Not sure how I feel about the bottle opener cut, not something I would ask for on a custom. RAT knives do have a good rep despite being a bit pricy, and those who own one always seem to buy a second, or third, or fourth...you get the idea. The HEST looks like a good general use size and should make for a good camp and general usage knife. The point on the tang I am not too sure of, looks like it has the potential to catch the arm when walking.

Now we need action pics.

The hook on the end if a pry bar, it's a pretty cool knife - opened a few beers and cut some stuff open with it so far.

Top Bottom