• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • iChokePeople

Master
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   1
    Feb 11, 2011
    Why is it called Vermillion County?

ETA: ah, never mind. It seems there's a Vermilion River. With only one "l". But the county gets two.

Amishman44

Master
    Rating - 98.2%
    54   1   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Woodburn
    I was eating in a local restaurant a while back and was carrying. There were several city and county officers in there and our local conservation officer, all of whom I know. The CO told me later that when I left a customer from Illinois had approached them and wanted to know if they had seen the guy with the gun on his belt. They explained to him that it was perfectly legal and "yes" they had seen it.

A lot of how deputies view open carry has to do with two things....1) their personal experience and viewpoint on guns and 2) their sheriff's experience and viewpoint on guns! In my experience, good sheriff's do not bother law-abiding citizens!

I've actually had my gun 'spotted' (I typically CC 99% of the time) by waitresses in restaurants. And, after joking and (sometimes) flirting a bit, I've had the waitresses and even the manager stop by the table and want to discuss the gun and my reasons for carrying. 100% of the time, I've been thanked for having one and for being 'responsible' with it! I think most people just want to see it that way!

Top Bottom