• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 19, 2008
    Sin-city Tokyo
    Well after reading this I went to walmart.com to check out the guns.... I have to say I was impressed, there is a lot of cool stuff on the site.... Check out the .17 with HB in SS.....

Walmart.com: Savage 93R17BTVSS .17 HMR Bolt Action Rifle w/ Heavy Barrel & Accutrigger: Hunting

From the above link/page:

"Warning: ...:blahblah:....

California Residents: This product may be mistaken for a firearm by law enforcement officers or others, and altering its color or branding the product in public may be considered a crime."

:orly: A firearm may be mistaken for a firearm??? Imagine that... :dumbass:

Oh, if you wanna brand your gun...

Ford_meat_branding_iron_270x270.jpg

you better do it in private!!

:wtf:

paburger

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 31, 2009
    Fort Branch,IN
    I read the back of the form 4473 and it plainly states you CAN abbreviate on the form. I believe Walmart and some other retail chains have trouble with keeping employees. Once they get someone actually familar with the correct way to fill out the form, call NICS and place the appropriate numbers in the required spaces, they move on to bigger and better things. Or get "Let go" due to cut backs. Many gun shops have their own idea of the "correct" way to fill out the form. I personally got "invited" to the Federal Building in Evansville due to paper work. I won't say that I am an expert but I did get an hour long course on rules and regulations. Book keeping stinks but an audit is even worse.
    I also know of a circumstance where a fellow was stopped, his hand gun was taken for a serial number trace, and it came up as a "suspicious" firearm. Come to find out, it was a legal purchase and some one messed up the form. He did get his fire arm returned, sued the store where said gun was purchased and won the lawsuit. This instance was no fault of his, the retailer was the one who made the mistake. I would rather take a little time to make sure the form is right than to suffer the circumstances this guy did.

Michiana

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 3, 2008
    Granger
    Curious

Come to find out, it was a legal purchase and some one messed up the form. He did get his fire arm returned, sued the store where said gun was purchased and won the lawsuit. This instance was no fault of his, the retailer was the one who made the mistake. I would rather take a little time to make sure the form is right than to suffer the circumstances this guy did.

What could he sue the store for that was worth the trouble, transposing a number? Just curous. Let me know who this guy is, I sure don't ever want him as a customer.

Last edited by a moderator:
    Top Bottom