• AllenM

Diamond Collision Inc. Avon.
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    136   0   0
    Apr 20, 2008
    Avon
    Updated info with a question.

Here is the weight distribution, obviously the barrel is not very heavy about 1 lb 5 oz

Here is a 10 shot target from 25 yards using the red dot and the mag resting on a bench. I know it can be tighter with better setup.

I shot a few different types of ammo through it yesterday. 1200 fps and below ammo went subsonic. 1280 fps ammo was supersonic most of the time. the gun is very quiet.

I would like to market this setup and I have looked at what the big name companies charge for an Integral 10/22 barrel.
    But being as I am new I believe $500.00 for just the barrel would be a fair price. I would like feedback.

BTW most stocks would require clearance for a 1" barrel the Houge stock worked great with no modification.

IndyGlockMan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    Fishers
    that is dead sexy... :banana:

I'd like to see one of those barrel/supressors on a 77/22 (bolt action). That will be really quiet.

Did you take any sound measurements for decibels?

AllenM

Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    136   0   0
    Apr 20, 2008
    Avon
    that is dead sexy... :banana:

I'd like to see one of those barrel/supressors on a 77/22 (bolt action). That will be really quiet.

Did you take any sound measurements for decibels?

No I don't have the equipment. I do know side by side it is much quieter the YHM integral

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    I think $500 would be a great price if the groups were tighter. Here's mine at 40 yards (bipod, scoped, leaning on the hot tub) and the flyer was my fault.

20160706_200703.jpg

To be fair, I'm not sure how well a 4.5 inch barrel could do, but I would want at least half the size. I'd throw a scope on and see what you can get out off it. Not trying to be a jerk, but giving honest feedback.

AllenM

Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    136   0   0
    Apr 20, 2008
    Avon
    No I could post better groups. Ithe was me maiden trip and I was balancing on a mag leaning down with a scope and a steady rest it would group just fine
    No offense taken. Under the conditions I felt pretty good. But I will scope it and shoot it out farther. ...maybe today if I can leave work early.

Valid point I shouldn't post so so pics and ask feed back :)
    I do need to truly know what it can do. I went short on the barrel so it would not be limited to just shooting subsonic which sometimes are not reliable cycling wise

Last edited:

warthog

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Vigo County
    looks like you got a flyer there Rookie. :):

$500 would be nice, I would go for it if I could. Try it with match ammo next so we can see how well it can really do.

VUPDblue

Silencers Have NEVER Been Illegal !
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    Do you think another inch or 2 of barrel would improve accuracy without sacrificing noise reduction?

As someone else said, I'd buy one tomorrow in a bolt action platform. :twocents:

AllenM

Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    136   0   0
    Apr 20, 2008
    Avon
    Let me try it scoped

I honestly don't think there is an accuracy issue. The shooting conditions sucked and I really wasn't shooting for groups. I am going to head to MCF&G here in about an hour and I will do some 50 and 100 yard shooting. If anybody is free and would like to inspect first hand I would welcome that.

Then I will know one way or the other. but I know standing up and bending down to see the red dot while the gun is wobbling on a mag and not trying to shoot a tight group. I really think it will be ok.

I see no reason I cant do this on a bolt gun and I can make the rifled barrel part any length. this is the kind of feed back I want. What would be most desirable. I am think I could go a little longer and not sacrifice sound deadening but it is speculation.

My feelings on the matter is 4.5" barrel will not sacrifice accuracy and you will not be effecting trajectory since all the rounds are staying below 1070 fps

I will have more input later today I hope I am right. I hate it when I am not :)

JollyMon

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 27, 2012
    Westfield, IN
    Very impressive! I wish I had the skills (or tools) to complete a project like this.

At the $500 price point you will be competing with the gemtech Mist-22. What would separate your product from a comparable more well known brand (if not by cost)?

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    I know one company has a longer barrel but they use small removable screws in the barrel (still in the sleeve though) to bleed off pressure in order to keep subsonic.

As far as how long, if 4.5 can be just as accurate as 16, then I think it would be great - more suppression.

AllenM

Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    136   0   0
    Apr 20, 2008
    Avon
    Back to the drawing board.
    while it shoots ok I am not as happy as I thought I would be. I will try a little longer barrel and obviously less baffling.
    Often the first shot or 2 went high then it would settle in somewhat and shoot ok. I have some ideas and am open to anybody that can look at what I have going on and offer suggestions and I know that the length of the barrel was the biggest concern that several ppl commented about so I am going to change that. But when doing research for this I found it was not uncommon to do it that way. I didn't like the idea either.

I think I have to many large blast chambers which would be an easy thing to correct and lengthen the barrel at the same time.
    Let the fun begin.

my best 100 yard group Fiocchi canned heat gave me the best results.

this picture is upside down 75 yards same ammo

50 yards same ammo

While not gross I want more. Several factors to take into consideration as well. for on the barrel is not free floated either

AllenM

Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    136   0   0
    Apr 20, 2008
    Avon
    I know one company has a longer barrel but they use small removable screws in the barrel (still in the sleeve though) to bleed off pressure in order to keep subsonic.

As far as how long, if 4.5 can be just as accurate as 16, then I think it would be great - more suppression.

this is on my radar as well

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    Another thing you may want to consider...

Personally, I wouldn't try to keep everything subsonic. While I love shooting subsonic, I always use velocitors for bigger critters and cci mini mags for squirrel. The velocitors will never stay subsonic, but the mini mags do most of the time (5-7 out of 10 times). If you could pitch your barrel as being able to keep mini mags subsonic 95-100% of the time, I think it would be a good selling point.

How about taking a barrel and cutting it down little by little until you figure out what length is best and then building an integral? I've got a HEAVY bull barrel that I'd let go for cheap if you're interested.

AllenM

Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    136   0   0
    Apr 20, 2008
    Avon
    Another thing you may want to consider...

Personally, I wouldn't try to keep everything subsonic. While I love shooting subsonic, I always use velocitors for bigger critters and cci mini mags for squirrel. The velocitors will never stay subsonic, but the mini mags do most of the time (5-7 out of 10 times). If you could pitch your barrel as being able to keep mini mags subsonic 95-100% of the time, I think it would be a good selling point.

How about taking a barrel and cutting it down little by little until you figure out what length is best and then building an integral? I've got a HEAVY bull barrel that I'd let go for cheap if you're interested.

I would definitely be interested in the barrel. Instead of chopping it down I think I would rather start with minimal baffles and work my way back. That way I would still stay at least 16" overall priorities may change but I want to keep from 2 stamps right now.

There are a couple other style baffles I like I was just trying to use up so much space as efficiently as possible.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    RedMurph
    Top Bottom