• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    After shooting a couple of rounds through a Mosin a few weeks ago I had to have one. Yesterday, I was at Bradis and found a 1939 Tula 91/30 that looked good and the price was right. After doing some research I've found that my Mosin has been counterbored and has a post-war stock, but all the numbers match. The grooves look decent but I've still got some cleaning to do, so I'm sure that's going to help. Hopefully I'll be able to get out there and put some rounds through it in the very near future. I just hope it shoots half as good as it looks! I've heard that these things are like Lay's potato chips, you can't have just one. I have yet to see anything wrong with that...

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    You're right about them being like potato chips. Almost as cheap too! We started our Mosin collection back in January this year and are up to 7 right now. I was just at Bradis on Wednesday and was looking at the same rifle you bought. It looked great, but I could not justify another Mosin in the rack unless it was something we did not have already. There was a 37 Tula there as well, but that one had almost no rifling left. If I recall, they had several Tula's on the rack, which is rare. Also, they have that M38 on the rack, but at $198 is way high.

The 39's a nice find and I hope it shoots well for you. You might not get the fireball out of the 91/30 as much, but they still are great to shoot.

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    You're right about them being like potato chips. Almost as cheap too! We started our Mosin collection back in January this year and are up to 7 right now. I was just at Bradis on Wednesday and was looking at the same rifle you bought. It looked great, but I could not justify another Mosin in the rack unless it was something we did not have already. There was a 37 Tula there as well, but that one had almost no rifling left. If I recall, they had several Tula's on the rack, which is rare. Also, they have that M38 on the rack, but at $198 is way high.

The 39's a nice find and I hope it shoots well for you. You might not get the fireball out of the 91/30 as much, but they still are great to shoot.

I'm new to Mosins so I chose this one based on the limited research I have done so far. I specifically wanted a 91/30 because they have the longest barrel. The particular rifle I bought seemed to have decent rifling and the stock looked good, so I'll post a range report after I get it cleaned up some more and get some time to shoot it. Thanks for the comments so far!

boozoo

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    NE Indy
    That fireball is mostly on the shorties... the M38 and M44's (and 91/59's).

But the 91/30 is plenty fun. Hope you enjoy it! I bet I saw the one you bought... last time I was there, I thought the two nicest ones they had were a 1938 and a 1939.

I wonder why they never order hex receivers, though?

thej27

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 15, 2009
    Crawfordsville
    Welcome to the Mosin group. Every time I see one its very hard to just leave it there. I saw Bradis' collection today and that M38. It was hard to resist that one but I didnt have enough to get the plus what I got.

hotfarmboy1

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 7, 2008
    Madison County
    Nice buy and welcome to the Mosin Owners group. I've had one for over 10 years now and love it as much now as I did then. I'm up to 2 now but plan on adding a 3rd and maybe 4th in the future.

Top Bottom