• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Shoots4Fun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    74   0   0
    Dec 21, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN
    I picked this up over the weekend for under $30. It's a model MORAKNIV Outdoor 2000. I've wanted one for a while now and have heard that it's a great fixed blade knife for the money. It's 9 inches overall with a 4 1/2 inch stainless steel blade.

I'll give an update once I've have a chance to use it a bit. Here are some pics:

picture.php

picture.php

Photographed with a dollar to give you a perspective on the size...
    picture.php

Thanks...

grunt soldier

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    May 20, 2009
    hamilton county
    mora knives can't be beat for the money as long as you know what they are and how to use them. they are a stick tang so don't go to crazy on them but they are very solid knives for sure

Pale Rider

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Apr 12, 2009
    Too Close to Home
    I have the same knife, paid $8 for it in some little country store in Northern Wisconsin. It's my fishing utility knife now and has seen more use than most of my blades. I've had it for almost 10 years. Great find.

DanO

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 27, 2009
    NW IN
    THat Mora 2000 is their "survival" blade. Good design. Two things about the Moras: 1)They are carbon, so they sharpen easily.
    2) They need to be kept oiled or they will rust.

I usually buy a few of the blades and sink them in antler or wood. I order Mora blades and also brass guards, from Ragnar'sRagweedForge.com. A 6" clipped bowie blade, ridiculously sharp, is $12.00

If you buy one Mora, you will buy more.

johncarbaugh

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 4, 2010
    Logansport
    THat Mora 2000 is their "survival" blade. Good design. Two things about the Moras: 1)They are carbon, so they sharpen easily.
    2) They need to be kept oiled or they will rust.

If you buy one Mora, you will buy more.

Not all of them are the 2000 shown is stainless. I let a friend use mine to butcher some chickens and he liked it so much I sold it to him. For the price Mora are great. Big fallowing by bushcraft people.

Top Bottom