• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jim b

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Welcome to the site and congrats on the new purchase. :rockwoot:You picked a good one for your first gun. Those 5900 series Smiths, actually all of the 3rd generation Smiths, are great shooters that are dead reliable and most are good bargains. I happened to pick one up a while back by chance in a trade. I was planning on just selling it or trading it off but after i shot it there was no way it was leaving. Be careful, that series of guns get adictive since there are so many different variations out there. If that Atlanta PD gun is the same as the other Atlanta trade in i have seen they look great and the "Atlanta" on the slide just adds to the cool factor.

Ok, i have to ask... Where did you buy it at? I might just have to see if they have any more

chubby450r

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2009
    Greenfield, In
    I bought it where I live here in Greenfield. we only have one gun shop here in town and it is on south state road nine as you are about to leave town. I know he has a few other Smith and Wesson 9mm there but I can't remember the types. I will try and get a few pics up tomorrow night. You are right about it having atlanta pd on the barrel tho. It does add to the wow factor.

Bshaw

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 8, 2008
    Kokomo
    Police trade in s

There was a Dealer at the Kokomo Gun Show last weekend that had a lot of the Atlanta trade in S&W autos but I think they were 40 cal tactical models and I think they were priced at 449.00 not sure on the price
    He will prob be at the Indy 1500 in a couple weeks

Disposable Heart

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.6%
    246   1   1
    Apr 18, 2008
    Greenfield, IN
    Man, cool gun.

I stupidly held off getting one of the trade in 5900s and am kicking myself seriously for not jumping on it. EVERY Smith 3rd gen I have ever owned worked great, stupidly accurate and reliable, even with PROMAGS! :D

If anyone has an extra 5900 series lying around, PM ME! :)

Top Bottom