• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • trigger_happy57

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 12, 2010
    indy
    The pics make it look darker then it is. It actually has a very nice patina i havent shot it yet but i did clean it and put a light coat of gun grease on it to preserve it and put it away until i can get some ammo and time to shoot it. I was amazed on how tight the fit still is. I definately fell in love

trigger_happy57

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 12, 2010
    indy
    i didnt think i could spend that much on a handgun but then i held a kinber and fell into lust then i held this colt and i fell into a very deep love the balance and the history with it. being a veteran this guns past just spoke to me and i had to get it and its something to be passed to my family it will make a addition to my dads colt 1908 .380 and his colt king cobra .357. i really wish i had the cash for the model 1917 i am trying to sell for him i would love to add another pony to the stable already

Outlaw

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Sep 1, 2011
    Cornfield east of Indy
    Very nice! Wish i could find deals like that but i dont think i could ever bring myself to sell it if i got a hold of something like that. Head over to richard and he can probably tell you quite a bit about it.

OD*

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2008
    Indiana
    i bought this colt model 1911 came with one mag and the anniston armory box that it was shipped in back in 1967 when it was sold from the army to a civilian for $14.15 i believe it is the original finish either way i dont care i love just looking at it and holding it i really want to shoot it. i paid $1000 which is the most money i have spent on a handgun but the upside it was free in a way as the job i work lets me scrap so i saved my scrap money for a bit. now for the pics. ps if anybody has any idea on value it would be appreciated.
    colt01.jpg

colt1.jpg

colt3.jpg

colt2.jpg

colt4.jpg

colt5.jpg
    Very nice congratulations. :rockwoot:

It is a Armory rework, it maybe the original finish from the arsenal, but it's not factory original, Colt didn't begin Parkerizing their pistols until May of 1941.The stocks and hammer have been changed, probably done at the arsenal. If you post the serial number, we can find out if the frame is Colt, or another manufacturer. Again, you have a very nice arsenal rework there.

OD*

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2008
    Indiana
    The serial indicates a 1918 Colt frame, that's good. The grips should be double diamond, full checkered walnuts began seeing use around 1924.

Top Bottom