• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Citronman1980

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 17, 2010
    McCordsville, IN
    No updates as of yet. I've been to 5 different gun stores in and around Indy and either they don't carry uppers or the ones they do carry I'm not interested in.

Indy 1500 here I come!

I know the 1500 might not be the cheapest place to go, but I would like to put my hands on a product I like and then decide if I want to buy it at the show or try to find it cheaper else ware.

Citronman1980

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 17, 2010
    McCordsville, IN
    BAZINGA! I got my upper in this evening from AIMsurplus out of Ohio.:rockwoot:

I met the UPS driver half-way up the walkway to get it from him! :D

Reason going with the Spikes upper: I scoured over the 1500 this past weekend, but couldn't find an upper in the price range I set for myself. So I decided to go with the Spikes.

Here are the specs on her:

Spikes Tactical Complete Mid-Length 5.56/.223 Upper Receiver assemblies. Each Features: M4 flat top upper receiver, Machined from a 7075 T6 Mil-Spec Forging with Mil-Spec Type III Hardcoat Anodized finish, T-markings, Spike's logo and M4 feed ramps. The 16" Barrel is 4150 Chrome-moly Vanadium Alloy, M4 barrel extension, Chrome chamber and bore, 5.56mm NATO chamber, 1:7 Twist, Magnetic particle testing, with a Phosphate finish. Government Profile with Mid-Length gas system. The Barrel is Phosphate finished under the F marked A2 front sight base. The M16 carriers are Chrome lined with a Mil-Spec phosphate finish. Forged Mil-Spec carrier key, Chrome lined, attached with Grade 8 hardware and Properly staked. MP tested bolt, Each extractor is fitted with a Mil-Spec black insert and Mil-Spec Viton o-ring. Double heat shield M4 hand guards. A2 Flash Hider.

Ordered it yesterday and delivered today. I paid $479.95 (including shipping)

"Isn't she a beaut?" :woot:

IMG_7779.jpg

IMG_7781.jpg

IMG_7780.jpg

It even came with a Spikes heavy buffer
    IMG_7789.jpg

And here she is, all put together:
    IMG_7784.jpg

Next step is to find a rear sight, sling, grip and maybe some optics of some sort. Not looking to break the bank optics wise. From the sites some of you have tossed my way, I have some cheaper alternatives to the higher end stuff in the optics world.

cartmanfan15

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Sep 23, 2010
    Seymour, IN
    Looks great man! Just put my first one together with a RRA lower and a DPMS 16" upper. Can't wait to start putting it together. Saw in another post somewhere about lego kids loving AR15's which all I can say is....Sweet! Loved legos as a kid. Let me know how it comes along. Looks like a great start.

slow1911s

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Indianapolis
    The real problems come with adjustable triggers or competition triggers that are lightened-- they can be prone to coming out of adjustment at the worst time, or breaking altogether.

I'm not familiar with this. What do you mean "can be prone to coming out of adjustment . . ."? Based upon who's observations? I say this first and foremost because I have a JP trigger in my rifle and hasn't had the first issue. But, I also know a long list of people who run these and report zero issues when properly installed.

OEF5

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 15, 2010
    Mooresville
    LOL Some things you are going to want to change right away...you don't have a rail system, so for tacticool, gotta have a rail.

I have the spikes upper and I love it, I did a whole build on parts, didn't just buy the full upper so I'm a bit different there.

I did the milspec route so paid a bit more for parts but I'm happy with it.

You are not going to like the drop in hand guards like that...might want to swap it out with the Magpul on the cheap or a drop in rail. I hate the frickin locking rings on all the hand guards on every military rifle I've ever cleaned, alway such a pain in the arse.

SpikesUpper.jpg

RRmid.jpg

Now you are also ready for Optics...there are so many parts and add ons...you are in for a world of hurt lol.

Grats and great lookin rifle!

Top Bottom