• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • IDCC

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Orange County
    Looks like my AR build, I have a STAG model 2 and if you ask me it's the best AR I've shot. The best rifle for the money IMO.

More suggestions, put a 3 1/2lb trigger spring set in it ( $11.95 at Bradis ).

I went with the magpul build, plan to get an AIMPOINT with a 3x scope on a flip to side mount with Magpul MBUS rear sights. I also have a single point sling on it.

Here is my build, still have to get the optics:
    IMAG0055.jpg

How reliable is that trigger?

rfontes

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 23, 2010
    Noblesville
    i just got the magpul moe buttstock too, for 50 bucks this stock is great value for the money. i got the handguard, mvg, mbus n mags. what can i say im a magpul fan now. i all i have to do now is grip, i kinna like the hogue though.

JustOneMore

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2010
    Franklin
    Nope, I'm done buying guns! I now have everything I need or want. But, if I do get anything it will be a Kahr CW40, but that's all. Oh yea, this doesn't count, but I would like to get a suppressor for my .22 target pistol. Now, if a nice AK 47 or even a AK 74 becomes available, I may get that, but that will definitely be IT for me. :yesway:

See name to left!

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    Nice gun, everyone needs an AR.

What made you decide to put a scope on the gun instead of an eotech or aimpoint or something?

I'm ignorant, that's why I posted this thread. Standards posts are my first love, but I want to go for long yardage without breaking the bank. So, what do you recommend?

infidel

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    I'm ignorant, that's why I posted this thread. Standards posts are my first love, but I want to go for long yardage without breaking the bank. So, what do you recommend?

Free float handguards
    Lighter trigger
    Bipod
    Scope (I'm not very good at recommending scopes)

Good idea getting the AR. You can tell your wife you aren't getting another one, but you don't have to since you can turn that one into anything you want lol.

LPMan59

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2009
    South of Heaven

the general adage is that you usually get what you pay for when it comes to optics; so I recommend an ACOG. Don't get me wrong, they ain't cheap. And at first I thought all those guys were certifiably insane for using a combat optic that costs more than many rifles.

but one day i wassurfing ebay and just for kicks searched for ACOGs. I bought my TA33-8 NIB in for less than $600 shipped to my door. And once I zeroed it, my Eotech went bye-bye. Sure, a red dot is probably better for up-close-and-personal, room-clearing stuff....but an ACOG is just hella fun to use.

It is literally point and shoot. And if I can get good results with it, i can only imagine what a skilled shooter can do.

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 14, 2010
    The ACOG's are great, but they certainly are expensive. I wish they let you keep those in the military like they do with the surefires and all that jazz...

JeremySS

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Fishers

What are you using it for? HD, target, SHTF, all the above? What is the furthest you expect to shoot? <100, 200, 300+ yards?

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    What are you using it for? HD, target, SHTF, all the above? What is the furthest you expect to shoot? <100, 200, 300+ yards?

I would not prefer to use it for HD, but you never know. I would love to get into some long distance target shooting < 301 yards. Also, until I'm able to possibly get a membership at Martinsville, I may not get this thing out that much, but I want to have fun with it when I do.

JeremySS

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Fishers
    I would not prefer to use it for HD, but you never know. I would love to get into some long distance target shooting < 301 yards. Also, until I'm able to possibly get a membership at Martinsville, I may not get this thing out that much, but I want to have fun with it when I do.

So CQB home defense is highly unlikely and you want to shoot out to 300'ish yards. What is your budget?

Edit: Going to bed, but take a look at this. It is reasonably priced, will work well out to the limits of the rifle, is getting very good reviews, and Primary Arms is GREAT to deal with.

Primary Arms Scope

Request: Upcoming 4-16X Illmuniated scope - AR15.COM

Last edited:
    Top Bottom