• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mjrducky

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    63   0   0
    Jun 16, 2009
    North Liberty, IN
    Well after all of these years I finally picked up my very first AK this weekend. I've only ever actually shot one, once before and took me awhile to "learn" what I could about the difference.

I've been lucky to enjoy just about every type of toy there is out there but very little when it came to AK's. So last weekend I went looking for the one I had to have and found it a BGF. Must say that so far I am more than happy with it.

Of course I haven't shot it yet and hopefully will get to this weekend.
    I believe in shooting it before changing anythng because sometimes out of the box should be just fine for me.

Having said that. There is usually a small list of thing people like to improve on. What would you change?

The gun is a Century Yugo M70AB2 with the underfolder.

Yugo_M70AB2_Left.jpg

duffman0286

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 3, 2011
    Wayne Co
    Apexgunparts has the original wood for 10 or 15 bucks there over complaint so you should be able to change the furniture with out any 922r problems if you choose

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    Nice find! The Yugo M70AB2 is one of the few rifles that Century did right!

I wouldn't change a thing until you fire it. You might find it really nice right out of the box.

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    Welcome to the TRUE darkside! Nice choice. I've got a Polish underfolder from Vector that I bought several years ago. I sold my ARs when I needed money, but I will never sell the AK.

Wrap that stock with some paracord and shoot that sucker!

1nthechmber

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 23, 2012
    I'm looking for a black arsenal ak 47 with a chrome lined barel....please....anyone know of any...message me....thanks..Bryan

mjrducky

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    63   0   0
    Jun 16, 2009
    North Liberty, IN
    Thanks for the tips guys.

I'm going to look into the paracord idea, possibly a trigger, and maybe some wood furniture.

I was hoping to take her out on the range this weekend but time wasn't on my side. So I'm sure I'll have an update one night this week if the weather co-operates.

Thanks again for the ideas and if you have any more by all means keep them coming. Or if you have suggestions on the paracord, furniture, type, etc...

hrearden

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 1, 2012
    Sloughfoot's right man. Mags, ammo, practice. Nice AK. The trigger is something you probably can do without right now, as the one in it probably isnt much worse than a Tapco. As far as improving the AK trigger goes, Ive done it a few times and it can be VERY effective if you have access to the right equipment. The pull weights on most Ak triggers generally are not as much as one might believe. What makes the triggers not so hot is the huge amount of take up. Even Tapcos have the take up. To adjust the take up, you have to adjust where the rear legs of the trigger come to rest while the gun still passes any saftey/function checks. This is a pretty forgiving procedure since Ak sear engagement is pretty long. The way I did it was to build up on the bottom of the rear legs with a TIG welder and then file to desired height. Kinda a pain in the ass, but so is any trigger work. A buddy and I at CST got a 308 Galil down to 2lbs and crisp as an AR. Another way is to use a thin piece of sheet metal to sit underneath the trigger and have it anchored by the pistol grip bolt.

Either way, it can be done better than most folks know. Getting crazy or not is up to you.

Top Bottom