• ...and so much more!
  • wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Just picked up my new M&P 45c and brought it home. I've shot a couple and always liked them, plus they shot very well for me. Found a good price online and had it shipped FFL to the great folks over at USDS. Can't wait to take it to the range on Saturday and put a few rounds through it :)

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    I am a bonifide Glock fan but I really like the M&P line of autos! I have the full-size M&P 45 and it is a ton of fun to shoot! Thanks for the pics and give us a range report when you can!

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    I just installed an Apex FSS in one, made a huge difference in the trigger. Something you might consider down the road a little.

[FONT=&quot]NRA Life Member[/FONT][FONT=&quot]-- [/FONT][FONT=&quot]GSSF member[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
    [/FONT]Ruger MK III, M&P & 1911mechanic [FONT=&quot][/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]NRA Basic pistol instructor[FONT=&quot] –[/FONT] Certified Glock armorer

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    You will love it!

I sure hope so! :)

I just installed an Apex FSS in one, made a huge difference in the trigger. Something you might consider down the road a little.

[FONT=&amp]NRA Life Member[/FONT][FONT=&amp]-- [/FONT][FONT=&amp]GSSF member[/FONT][FONT=&amp]
    [/FONT]Ruger MK III, M&P & 1911mechanic
    NRA Basic pistol instructor[FONT=&amp] –[/FONT] Certified Glock armorer

Thank you sir! I plan to use it stock for a while to see how I like it. If the stock trigger starts to be too much, I might have to look into the Apex options. When I was up meeting a fellow INGO member at Parabellum on Labor Day, I got to shoot one of his with an APEX kit and liked it real well. Of course, after shooting you let me dry fire that CORE you had. Wow, that's all I can say! Such a sweet trigger job!

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Can't wait, range opens in 4 hours :D

Went down to WM and grabbed a couple boxes of Federal aluminum cased rounds to try out. I'm hoping the gun has no issues with these rounds, since the cost is much better than brass cased ammo (around $16/ 50 round box with tax).

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Just got back from the range. Really enjoyed shooting the new gun! I will say that the trigger pull felt heavier than I'd expected, heavier than I'd remembered from shooting two previous M&P 45c's, but it wasn't too bad. I actually had to end up shooting with the first knuckle after the first few targets, instead of the pad of the finger like I usually do. Even so, after 90 rounds I was done. I'm hoping the trigger smooths out after shooting it a bit, but if not, I may look at Apex offerings after all.

Due to the heavy trigger pull, I wasn't as accurate as normal. The first two targets here were using Freedom Munitions brass cased ammo, using the pad of my finger:

I shot a few more targets that were progressively getting worse when I switched over to using the first knuckle, which brought me back to reasonable accuracy:

Last target was done at the end of the 90 rounds and I was starting to fatigue:

All in all it's a great gun and fun trip to the range. I had no malfunctions with the gun, though I did have one casing fly back and smack me right in the middle of my forehead, which left a small cut. Otherwise it worked great, even with the last 50 rounds being Federal aluminum cased ammo. We'll see how things go after a few hundred rounds downrange :)

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    I'm going to have to get a lot more range time in, plus dry fire practice, to see if the trigger gets any better after use. If not, I'm debating whether to install a DCAEK or FSS kit. I've heard both are good, but the DCAEK may be better for carry, should I decide to. Decisions, decisions.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    Nice pistol! And good posts about your range time. Now you have a big brother for your Shield! I have a FS 9mm and eventually I am going to get the FSS kit for it.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Thank you sir! Yeah, that's how I've been thinking about it, a big brother for my Shield :)

I'm doing a lot of dry fire practice, hoping it breaks the trigger in a bit. It doesn't feel gritty, just heavier than I'd expected. Oddly it seems even heavier actually firing it live, over dry firing it. Never ran into that before. I'm thinking the DCAEK due to the fact that I might carry it and it's supposed to be a good weight for that. Not sure. Will probably head over to USDS when it comes time to make a decision so they can show me the difference in the triggers.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    Thank you sir! Yeah, that's how I've been thinking about it, a big brother for my Shield :)

I'm doing a lot of dry fire practice, hoping it breaks the trigger in a bit. It doesn't feel gritty, just heavier than I'd expected. Oddly it seems even heavier actually firing it live, over dry firing it. Never ran into that before. I'm thinking the DCAEK due to the fact that I might carry it and it's supposed to be a good weight for that. Not sure. Will probably head over to USDS when it comes time to make a decision so they can show me the difference in the triggers.

Part of my reason also for not pulling the trigger(pun intended) on a trigger is I am not sure how I will end up using the gun. My thinking is that I will use it as a gaming gun, but I really like my 9mm 1911. But if I end up trying USPSA and I like it, I may want to use the higher capacity pistol. For IDPA, my 1911 is great.

I think if I was to carry it, I would most likely get the DCAEK. I am one of those weird ones on INGO, I like the safety on my Shield. But then again, shooting 1911's I am in the habit of thumbing a safety off, even if no safety is not present. I don't think I would be comfortable with a pistol with no safety and the FSS kit. Though if we are obeying our safety rules, it shouldn't matter.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    I feel the same way about a Shield with a TS. I had bought the 45c as a range gun, but I like it so much I might make it a carry gun. Since it doesn't have a TS, like you, FSS might not be the right choice for me. That's why I've been leaning towards the DCAEK.

JMWetzel89

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 8, 2013
    I Carry a 45C daily while the triggers aren't the best after a few hundred rounds I've learned to shoot it very well at typical self defense distances. I would eventually like to upgrade the trigger but it is no deal breaker to me.

Top Bottom