• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Pyriel

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 3, 2011
    Carmel
    I'd go with the 10/22 based solely on the after market parts, when you get bored with it you'll be able to make it into something different for a few extra bucks.

Juday

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 12, 2011
    idk if you know this but Henry's use Winchester actions so why wouldn't you just go and buy a Winchester lever gun instead of a copy?

.......Really, that's your rebuttal?:laugh:

I don't believe any statements that don't come with a source to back it up, sorry. If you can prove it (with a legitimate source), then I'll believe you.

Anyways, "idk" if you know this, but I really don't care to go on with this idiotic argument anymore. Apparently you don't like Henry, we get that (for some reason that we don't know). Ultimately, it's up to the OP to decide what he wants in the end....

badmac183

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    May 25, 2011
    hamlet, IN
    .......Really, that's your rebuttal?:laugh:

I don't believe any statements that don't come with a source to back it up, sorry. If you can prove it (with a legitimate source), then I'll believe you.

Anyways, "idk" if you know this, but I really don't care to go on with this idiotic argument anymore. Apparently you don't like Henry, we get that (for some reason that we don't know). Ultimately, it's up to the OP to decide what he wants in the end....

Because I don't like paint on my guns...

Stschil

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2010
    At the edge of sanit
    Whatever you do, don't get a Marlin 60 and ask what scope is best for it here on INGO. For some reason, that question seems to cause a lot of :butthurt: around here. :D

On the other side, we have both 10/22's and Marlin 795's.
    Pros for the Marlin are; accuracy out of the box (I think they are better than the Rugers in that respect) and cost. Cons; I really don't like the mag release. They are stiff and hard to manipulate and I've yet to find an aftermarket drop in to change that. Keeping in the aftermarket line, not a lot of mods available for them if you want to trick one out. Still Ive run thousands of rounds through mine, loaned it out at Appleseed shoots and generally given it the red headed step child treatment and it ALWAYS performs. My 795 has shot dozens of Rifleman scores in the hands of at least 4 different shooters. I trust it implicitly.
    Pros for the 10/22; obviously it's the aftermarket mods available. It's a good shooter and has been for a long long time.
    Cons; factory irons on them are about as useful as boobs on a duck. You'll add at least another $50.00 right out of the box on top of the $150 to $200 base price just to have reliable sights/scope.

My personal wish list in .22lr includes a lever action of some type and a Model 60.

Hope this helps.

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    I think I made a decision. My dad bought a Savage Mark II over the weekend, and I was able to give it a try at 100 yards. And I was also able to shoot a factory 10/22.

I actually had more fun shooting the bolt action over the semi auto. And I liked the trigger on the Savage A LOT.

So I'll be saving some money, and try to decide WHICH Savage I want now :D

hotfarmboy1

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 7, 2008
    Madison County
    I think I made a decision. My dad bought a Savage Mark II over the weekend, and I was able to give it a try at 100 yards. And I was also able to shoot a factory 10/22.

I actually had more fun shooting the bolt action over the semi auto. And I liked the trigger on the Savage A LOT.

So I'll be saving some money, and try to decide WHICH Savage I want now :D

Good choice! I think you're making the right one!:yesway:

ret

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 8, 2009
    I imagine the bolt action Savage would make a very quiet suppressor host..can anyone confrm that?

Savage as a suppressor host compared compared to a 10/22? Anyone have experience? Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
    Top Bottom