• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    Ok I'm ready to buy my first .22lr. I currently have a Marlin 22 Magnum Bolt Action. But I've been really wanting a regular .22lr.

I'm thinking of going with a semi auto. But I haven't quite made up my mind yet. I may just get another bolt action.

I'm considering either a Ruger 10/22 or a Savage Arms. I'm not interested in scopes at the moment. I'd like to just run it with the iron sights, and get a good scope later.

10/22 or a Savage. Help me decide!

OneBadV8

Stay Picky my Friends
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    Ft Wayne
    Well.... If you plan to add things to it at all in the Future I'd say 10/22

but if you just want to shoot it the way it is out of the box Savage 64 hands down. My Savage out shot my 10/22 that I put all new crazy parts on, including a Kidd barrel.

hotfarmboy1

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 7, 2008
    Madison County
    Well.... If you plan to add things to it at all in the Future I'd say 10/22

but if you just want to shoot it the way it is out of the box Savage 64 hands down. My Savage out shot my 10/22 that I put all new crazy parts on, including a Kidd barrel.

This^^ Savage rifles are crazy accurate out of the box. I like my heavy barreled 10/22. But I still really want a heavy barreled bolt action Savage .22 as well.

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    So you'd get the semi auto for more fun. And the bolt for more accuracy, right?

I am starting to like the idea of the accutrigger...

OneBadV8

Stay Picky my Friends
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    Ft Wayne
    So you'd get the semi auto for more fun. And the bolt for more accuracy, right?

I am starting to like the idea of the accutrigger...

Savage does make a semi-auto that is still very accurate. Like the model 64 series I mentioned. I wasn't talking about the bolt-action version. http://www.savagearms.com/firearms/model/64F

Were you talking about the Bolt-Action version in your first post? :dunno:

Shoots4Fun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    74   0   0
    Dec 21, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN
    10/22 all the way!!!

I just bought a second one and I love it.

They have tons of options for customization, but also run great standard right out of the box.

In my opinion, they are a great value plus the options for them are virtually limitless.

Simon6101

Master
    Rating - 100%
    161   0   0
    May 3, 2008
    Sw Indy(Camby)
    I have both

I have had or currently have both. The only semi-auto left in my safe is the Ruger 10/22, 10/22 magnum and a S&W M&P 15-22. I have bolt actions in Ruger, Savage and Marlin. Right out of the box for accuracy is the Savage. My Marlin and Ruger are close. Aftermarket accessories are hard to find for the anything other than the Ruger 10/22, Marlin 60 or 795.

hooky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 4, 2011
    Central Indiana
    I love Rugers in general, but I've never been a fan of the 10/22. Nothing against it, but it's never really done it for me. Same with the remingtons. I've always had a Marlin of some sort and will probably buy a second 795 before the end of the year. That being said, either the Savage 64BTV or 64TRR SR is going to find a place in my lineup soon.

I'm really leaning towards this one and buying a can for it. Savage Arms Firearms > 64 TRR-SR

Top Bottom