• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sidewinder27

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 1, 2011
    Plainfield
    Since Monday is my birthday I decided to go and buy myself a birthday present. Went to Bradis since Plainfield Shooting Supply is closed on Sunday. I wanted a Colt but ended up buying the Remington R1. Now I have to get my membership in June to MCFG so that I have a nice place to go and practice with it. Until then Ill be like a little kid in a candy store.:rockwoot:

toyotaslave

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 22, 2011
    Princeton
    Until you get a chance to shoot the snot out of it, fondle it a lot. Being your first 1911 (congrats and happy birthday by the way), you need to familiarize yourself with how and why it works like it does. It is a thing of beauty and an engineering marvel. A time tested classic design for sure. But at the same time unique. Sounds like you may already be in love! Be safe.

Socomike

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 16, 2011
    Congrats on your first 1911! Im sure the Remington will treat you well. Get back to us with a range report.

spitfire51

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 16, 2010
    Looked hard at the R1 at the 1500 last weekend. Would be very interested to hear your opinion after you get a chance to shoot it

bluewraith

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 4, 2011
    Akron
    My girlfriends dad has the R1, and its the exact reason that I bought my own 1911 as a first handgun. I went with a used Para GI Expert though. I figure if I need to, I can upgrade it or trade up later on.

Top Bottom