• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • LarryHoosier

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 22, 2011
    Since many on this forum are into MN rifles I thought mine might be of interest.

FinnMNRifles.jpg

I have collected MN's for a few years now, these are only the SA marked rifles. I will post my Russian and other whenever I get around to making a composite photo.
    :ingo:

LarryHoosier

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 22, 2011
    Johntheplinker, I think the various stock configuration on Finn rifles is the #1 reason I was drawn to them. The M27 is a good example, nutwood rear portion and arctic birch front! I got it at an auction in Tulsa, OK and had to decide between it and a much rougher stocked ski-trooper. Tough call to have to make. When I did some research I found that the 1929 model is not too common either so I felt better. I found SA marked slings for both the M27 and M28 rifles, a pretty good stroke of luck! The most intriguing stock is the one on the M28. I think that the tiger stripe was painted on sometime in the past? It really doesn't look authentic and it doesn't go into the wood very far. Here is a closer look.
    stock.jpg

Side.jpg

What do you think? Cool any way it ended up looking like this.

Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Oct 3, 2008
    On a hill in Perry C
    Johntheplinker, I think the various stock configuration on Finn rifles is the #1 reason I was drawn to them. The M27 is a good example, nutwood rear portion and arctic birch front! I got it at an auction in Tulsa, OK and had to decide between it and a much rougher stocked ski-trooper. Tough call to have to make. When I did some research I found that the 1929 model is not too common either so I felt better. I found SA marked slings for both the M27 and M28 rifles, a pretty good stroke of luck! The most intriguing stock is the one on the M28. I think that the tiger stripe was painted on sometime in the past? It really doesn't look authentic and it doesn't go into the wood very far. Here is a closer look.
    stock.jpg

Side.jpg

What do you think? Cool any way it ended up looking like this.

That striping doesn't look painted on to me. I think that the finish really brought out the grain on it. I've seen a few Finns with really prominent striping like yours. Arctic birch can have some really wild grain in it, sometimes tiger striped, sometimes marbling, very rarely both.

Top Bottom