• ...and so much more!
  • snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    369   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    Congrats. Careful though. People might think you have an eccentric streak.

Nah, they won't think it until they meet me, then they will KNOW it.

Interesting concept, workmanship looks excellent.

The initial cut & recrown of the barrel, relocation of the front sight and shortening of the stock was done by the Gander Mtn gunsmith. He did an adequate job. I had Stan at Rajo's Guns remove the existing sights, drill & tap the receiver and mount the new Skinner sights. When he got into it we discovered the front sight had been D&T slightly off center and off in spacing. Just enough to make it necessary to redo for the new front sight. That's when I had it moved back for future threading. Stan did a great job correcting that earlier mistake from GM and getting the receiver set for the rear sight. The sights were dead on out of the shop at 100 yards. He may be "brusque" and take a while but the man knows what he is doing.

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Nah, they won't think it until they meet me, then they will KNOW it.

LOL...Very true....:)

Snorko brother you have inspired me....I have an extra 1894 pre safety Marlin in .357 magnum that I have toyed with doing this to...I have a mint safe queen one but this one is kind of "the farm gun"...It has been refinished, is missing the white spacer and has a replacement butt plate I fitted to it...

I think that rifle done up like yours along with my 686 "shooter" or my Ruger Police Service Six would be a nice "BUG out" combo...Thanks for the inspiration....

Us and our pound puppies...:)

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Now it's a cowboy assault rifle:

attachment.php

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana

I always liked the concept of a "tactical" lever gun and this project has proofed that for me. Very comfortable to shoot, compact as all get out and a useful, flexible caliber. If Indiana ever allows this caliber for deer season it will see some woods action. For now this will serve as a great take along rifle for woods, truck or travel gun or whenever I want something more than a pistol but don’t need an AK.

Only things left to do are possibly painting the wood with bed liner for a black, textured finish and definitely attaching a cartridge pouch to the stock for 12 extra rounds.

Nice! You also need an enlarged loop lever! That way you can whip it around like Chuck Connors or John Wayne!

Top Bottom