• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 87iroc

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    Bartholomew County
    I normally call my dad some mornings when I head into work. This morning, the man who never votes in an election(except for 92) and gripes about anything government related....asked me what it costs to join the NRA.

He owns a .22 rifle and thats it...but he instilled a great pride of being a US Citizen growing up and has traveled all over this country as a truck driver.

I was just shocked that whats going on would make him care enough to join. That was quite a shock to me and thought I'd share. Its not just media described 'gun nutz' taking notice of whats going on.

BigWagon

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    Greentown
    It is nice to see this type of thing. I think all the ban talk is only making the gun community stronger. I bet they are seeing a big rise in membership due to all this.

87iroc

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    Bartholomew County
    100k or 150k members since Newtown I have heard. They are also making it easy. Trying to get their numbers up(marketing). Almost free member ship and deeply discounted Lifetime membership is good for 'business'...

easy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 11, 2010
    SEOK
    Don't bother waiting for him or your brother to act. Just do it and then call him and tell him of your gift towards his freedom!

jooky52198

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 11, 2013
    Indianapolis
    There are an increasing number of cases like this. Its awesome because people are finally taking an interest in standing for their rights and standing up for things they believe in.

Hurley

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 29, 2012
    Georgetown, IN
    Inspiring

I too agree that you should buy the membership for him. In fact, I hate to admit that I really hadn't considered doing this for my wife before now. In the last year my wife began shooting with me and has progressed from shooting only a 22 revolver, to a 9mm, and she has even fired and enjoyed my AR. She received a .38 S&W 642 for Christmas from Santa, and applied for her LTCH back in October (still waiting). During this time she has become a staunch Second Amendment advocate. I am so proud of her.

Based on this thread, I bought her an NRA membership this morning. :yesway::yesway:

Top Bottom