• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • vwoodrum11

Marksman
    Jun 3, 2010
    Indy
    Sorry but I take these reviews about gun shops with a grain of salt. I've never had a bad experience at ITP actually the opposite. I've gotten some great deals there. I read bad reviews about Elmore's, Beech Grove, Plainfield and I've never had a bad experience in any of them. I guess some people need their hand held when they shop. Get over it. If you don't want to shop someplace because you felt talked down to or whatever excuse you come up with then don't because there are plenty of others that will.

croy

Master
    Apr 22, 2012
    Indiana
    Sorry but I take these reviews about gun shops with a grain of salt. I've never had a bad experience at ITP actually the opposite. I've gotten some great deals there. I read bad reviews about Elmore's, Beech Grove, Plainfield and I've never had a bad experience in any of them. I guess some people need their hand held when they shop. Get over it. If you don't want to shop someplace because you felt talked down to or whatever excuse you come up with then don't because there are plenty of others that will.

Ditto.

I have had bad experiences in another store but you won't see me bashing them online. I am in no way shape or form affiliated with ITP but I do know a majority of the employees on a personal level. I will continue to shop at ITP no matter what anyone says online even though it is not my go to shop anymore. Brian is a great person and will do just about anything to help a customer out.

I only spend my money at 2 shops and only buy online if I have to and one is Indy Trading Post.

Dirtebiker

Grandmaster
    Feb 13, 2011
    Greenwood
    Sad to see so many bad experiences with this outfit. It's a shame too, cause the south side needs a friendly and well stocked gun shop! Think I might have to start investing in a store that cares more about the customers satisfaction and a friendly atmosphere! I might just get a kick out of building a happy client base!!!! I am In the market for a .22 pistol after I bought my 1911 a week ago. Unfortunately I won't be getting it here. Neither will any other of my "gun nut buddies"
    You say that you were talked down to? o.k., we can only take your word.
    But you suggesting that ITP isn't a "well stocked gun shop"? Anyone that walks in the store can see, that is a ridiculous thought!

Disclaimer: while I am not a regular employee, I do help out occasionally and at the gun shows.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I've been there several times. Never had a bad experience. Any questions I had seemed to be welcomed and answered without the staff seeming to be bothered by them.

Have had conversations with a few folks that go to ITP a lot. They seem to like it. I may have been there on one of their off days. We all have them. I have had that experience at Bradis as well. May have to reconsider.

Dirtebiker

Grandmaster
    Feb 13, 2011
    Greenwood
    Have had conversations with a few folks that go to ITP a lot. They seem to like it. I may have been there on one of their off days. We all have them. I have had that experience at Bradis as well. May have to reconsider.
    I can only assume that it was. I might be a little biased, but I can honestly say that I've never seen a customer ignored or dismissed. Usually you will be greeted immediately and asked if you need help, and/or allowed to browse.
    Give them another chance if you'd like, I'd bet your experience will be better! If not ask for Brian, and I will guarantee he will take care of any problem!

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I can only assume that it was. I might be a little biased, but I can honestly say that I've never seen a customer ignored or dismissed. Usually you will be greeted immediately and asked if you need help, and/or allowed to browse.
    Give them another chance if you'd like, I'd bet your experience will be better! If not ask for Brian, and I will guarantee he will take care of any problem!

Looking back on that time period it was not fun for anyone. My sower Bradis experience was around then as well. I will have to give them a look next time I feel my addiction taking over.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    I gave them other chances and they all sucked. Don't know which one is Brian but if he's the owner he's responsible for his employees. I didn't visit he shop to kick tires, I visited to spend money. I'm not going to give it to someone who doesn't know how to treat a customer. Call that being a whiny ***** but it takes money to keep a business going and I'm sure ITP isn't rich enough to turn good money away consistently.
    Train employees better, maybe fire some? But if they improve customer service I guarantee they will see more cash In their wallets. I won't be back any time soon. If I hear improvements have been made then I may stop on a pass that way.
    to the Leo's posting that had good experiences, were you in your city car or in uniform anytime you visited? That's a guaranteed red carpet treatment at a gun shop. Only good experience I had at pops was when I rode up there in my buddies red and blue. I was ready for the owner to offer me a Hj

Last edited:

dmonsche

Plinker
    Jun 23, 2013
    Last time I shot at ITP one of the guys offered me some girl scout cookies... talk about customer service! .

MiNDRiVE

Plinker
    Nov 11, 2013
    Indianapolis
    My first and only visit was a few months ago. I wanted to check out the range and grab some new ear pro. They immediately asked if i needed help and gave some good advice on new ear pro. Only reason i haven't been back is because its not really convenient for me to get there. And now that i think about it I was even offered a pepsi while i waited for my range time. +1 on good shop.

shortbusbob

Plinker
    Nov 10, 2013
    east
    Full of mall ninjas . RUDE mall ninja mouth breathers . I ain't spent a dime since Matt left .
    Matt could speak in full sentences . And sell ice cream to an Eskimo . My credit card balance shows it !
    Brian's new crowd need a training seminar . Try That spot in Greenfield .

Archer

Sharpshooter
    Nov 18, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Full of mall ninjas . RUDE mall ninja mouth breathers . I ain't spent a dime since Matt left .
    Matt could speak in full sentences . And sell ice cream to an Eskimo . My credit card balance shows it !

A lot of us who still work at ITP are more than capable on articulating full sentences, not to mention take pride in being respectful and courteous to customers in our store, even if they think we're nothing but rude mall ninja mouth breathers (I breathe through my nose like a big boy! :):).

308jake

Master
    Feb 5, 2010
    Brownsburg

Hopefully he was not your English teacher......

Dirtebiker

Grandmaster
    Feb 13, 2011
    Greenwood
    A lot of us who still work at ITP are more than capable on articulating full sentences, not to mention take pride in being respectful and courteous to customers in our store, even if they think we're nothing but rude mall ninja mouth breathers (I breathe through my nose like a big boy! :):).

Dont worry about it! Some people Just like to complain, even when they don't have a legitimate gripe.

If anyone does have a legitimate issue, bring it up with the owner. I can assure you, it will be taken care of. Those of you that just like to jump on the band wagon and b***h just for the sake of b***hing, have fun.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Oct 3, 2012

irony-shirt.gif

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    I never saw you there but if I ever go back I'll look for you to help me since I know your a stand up guy.

ru6797

Plinker
    Feb 16, 2014
    Niles
    That's to bad, doesn't he understand with out you , us there to buy he will close down, my local shop has been there for 30 + years , the owner is semi retired and now his son is taken over, always friendly and you walk in and he greets you by name and I really don't go in there that much maybe once every couple weeks just to see whats new

Archer

Sharpshooter
    Nov 18, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Sorry , Thought I'd dumb it down for you to understand . Still a lot of haters here . And better places to spend my money .
    Be happy with your low standards .

I see you're still having trouble forming those full sentences. I wouldn't quite call it being a hater, more of a case of "judge not, yest ye be judged yourself". You really should look up the definition of irony, you might find that your last two posts on this thread could be used as sterling examples of the term. Might I suggest that you proofread your future posts for grammar and sentence structure, especially when you're insulting strangers on the internet about their intelligence and command of the English language? I'm all for constructive criticism of ITP as well as our performance as employees, but I'm far less willing to have my intellect slammed by a total stranger who appears to be grammatically challenged himself. Thankfully, the vast majority of folks we cater to at ITP are not as rude as you, nor as prone to your staccato sentence delivery. My suggestion to you would be to cease insulting folks before you embarrass yourself further, or else add something productive to the discussion.

To everyone else reading: We have a ton of regular customers, as well as first time guests every day, many of whom return to do business with us again. Most days are quite busy, but we really do strive to greet every customer as they come through the door, and provide each and every person with attentiveness, respect, and honesty. Yes, there have been and will be times where we make mistakes, but we will own up to it, and Brian has always made it right.

^I do not speak for Brian or Indy Trading Post, this is just the opinion and experience of a part time employee.^

Top Bottom