• ...and so much more!
  • Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    Alright, it has always been my dream to go hunting. I would prefer deer hunting. I have hated those things since one hit my new truck 5 years ago and almost came through my windshield. Anyway, how do I start? What kind of rifle do I need to buy and about how much will one cost? Also, how much is a license and is there good deer hunting in Indiana? Any feedback would be appreciated.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    camo 350
    boots 100
    gun 500
    truck 15,000
    to hang out and kill bambi priceless

Ha! Well, I'm not sure if you use a rifle or a shotgun when deer hunting. I would like to put up a WTB. What would you recommend?

bigdawgtrucks

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    Shotgun-Remington 870, hangun-629 S&W in 44 mag., rifle lever action 44 mag.. All are plentyful and under $500. Most shots you'll encounter with deer will be under 100 yards, so with some practice you won't even need a scope.

Eddie

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 28, 2009
    North of Terre Haute
    Pick up an in-line muzzy, now's a good time of year to find one used and there is plenty of time to practice. Hunt both gun and muzzleloader season with the same weapon.

Start out by reading up on the DNR's hunting regs here:

DNR: Hunting Guide & Regulations

Deer are plentiful in Indiana and you can fill up your freezers in a good season and not have to buy meat all year. Get with an experienced hunter and learn how to do everything from setting up a blind/stand to making the kill, field dressing, tagging and butchering your deer. It's awesome fun and you really feel like a hunter when you cook a steak that you stalked, killed and butchered all on your own.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    Pick up an in-line muzzy, now's a good time of year to find one used and there is plenty of time to practice. Hunt both gun and muzzleloader season with the same weapon.

Start out by reading up on the DNR's hunting regs here:

DNR: Hunting Guide & Regulations

Deer are plentiful in Indiana and you can fill up your freezers in a good season and not have to buy meat all year. Get with an experienced hunter and learn how to do everything from setting up a blind/stand to making the kill, field dressing, tagging and butchering your deer. It's awesome fun and you really feel like a hunter when you cook a steak that you stalked, killed and butchered all on your own.

Yeah, I want the whole experience. When that deer hit me in Michigan a few years ago, three passersby stopped, including a LEO. They all said the same thing: "Hey, are you alright? Good! Are you gonna' take that?" After getting to town and getting a ride back, the carcass was gone! :D

Top Bottom